Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2700HGV 6x firmware Latest  (Read 2372 times)

Grarcher

• Just arrived
2700HGV 6x firmware Latest
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:41:43 PM »

I had a HomeHub 1.0 which often needs reboot so decided to replace it with a BT 2700HGV version of 2wire product.
Fine after some tweaks it was working fine and speed was good and a little better than the Homehub 1.0, based on speed site tests.
BT will not help me as my home line is designated a home broadband and the BT product is designated as for Business, never the less I managed to get it running ok.

So now I looked at the line and broadband supply by upgrading to a new sevice they have just converted our exchange too (Not Infinity). I was able to get my calls unlimited transferred to my main line and double speed at lower cost. Sounds to good.

Now they have converted my line the speed is half what is was before 6-8 with Home hub 1.0; 2-4 with 2wire 2700HGV.

After discussion with BT tech they said the router was incompatible for use on BT home broadband (Thinking BS) I decided to change the router back to the Homehub 1.0.
Today converted back to the homehub 1.0 and I now get 14+ download speed.
So why does the 2700 unit, which performed well before upgrade, is now superceeded by the old Homehub.??
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:45:53 PM by Grarcher »

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Re: 2700HGV 6x firmware Latest
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:17:43 PM »

Hi Grarcher and welcome,

I would forget about the nonsense statements unless they are corroborated with a technical explanation !

I've not heard of any such problem elsewhere except on Infinity VDSL services in which case it won't sync at all.

Can you please tell us the firmware version that your modem is running and provide a screen print(s) of your DSL diagnostics page please ?

Kind regards,
Walter

Mick

• Reg Member
Re: 2700HGV 6x firmware Latest
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 01:52:54 PM »

It may be that the 2Wire is still set at G.DMT Annex A?
Regards,
Mick

anything