Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Storm  (Read 4229 times)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Storm
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »

The winds have died down quite a lot for now. The showers are to continue though.
A great catastrophe has struck my nice new conservatory.   :cry2: A fascia panel has blown away. Where it has landed I have no idea. Fortunately it is only decorative so it will suffice for now. I will get another one for when we have finished with this darned awful weather.
I hope everyone is still safe and sound. Take care because there is another belt of rain approaching or so the weather man says. My weather station agrees. :lol:
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »

Very windy and torrential rain here at present here  :no:
You ought to have been out on a motorbike at 5.30am this morning  :o

The wind nearly blew me across the other side of the road a few times but, fortunately, it was early and there was little traffic around !

p.s. I was on my way to work for my shift at 6am
Mike

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »

They said it would die out here at midday ......... and it did thank goodness. 2 neighbours have lost new fences ( I did try to warn them about using 6x6 panels in slotted posts in an exposed location but they carried on ) guess they'll end up claiming for them.
I don't think fences are covered by home insurance, at least on my insurance policy it wasn't, as a few fence panels blew down a few years ago and my insurance company said they weren't covered under the terms of the policy.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/insurance/buildingsandcontent/8990103/UK-weather-what-your-home-insurance-wont-cover.html

Households affected by the stormy weather sweeping the UK will not always be covered by their home insurance.

For example, households will not be covered under their home insurance if fences or gates blow down, insurers have warned.
Mike
Pages: 1 [2]