Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Opera .....wand ?  (Read 12733 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Opera .....wand ?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »

Thank you Adrian and TD  ....  I've followed your instructions  on the Independent front page.  There is a very annoying  'Spnsored feature' that changes continuously.  I right clicked within the little Sponsored feature box - press block content and everything except the item and other photos vanished  :'(   I then pressed 'done' on band at top (as per TD) all came back but sponsored feature continued to run.    Perhaps it's because it's sponsored  (I haven't a clue really !!!)

Oh Thank you for those Adrian .... will look later ...

Bon Appetit !

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »

I have just blocked all ads. on Indepenedent front page...if it is the same Independent.

Steps......

Right click on blank part of the page .......menu opens...click on "block content"
All except blockable content will grey out.
Click on offending item........it should become overlaid with a red band with text "blocked content"
Click "done" on the narrow band atop page.

Is that what you have done ?

AdrianH

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 02:24:06 PM »

:doh: :doh:

well there you go, we can learn something every day, Newsflash .... OPERA HAS FLASH BLOCK ON BOARD   :blush:  ( and has done so for several versions  :-[ :blush: )

Take a read of these and you can turn on the plugin easily.  I have so far just added the button to my address bar and can toggle on/off for any page I visit.  Flash ads are turned off and their container just shows a "play button".

http://www.rarst.net/software/opera-on-demand-plugin/

http://my.opera.com/dude09/blog/on-demand-plugin-opera-turbo

http://my.opera.com/lachralle/blog/2010/02/16/opera-10-50-has-built-in-click-to-flash

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »

Easier way to do the same thing.........tools>preferences>advanced>content> "enable plug-ins only on demand"  ;)

scottiesmum

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »

I followed your instructions TD, I was doing everything but getting the red  'blocked' banner  but I have now  and t works    :clap2: Thank you. 

Adrian,  do you mean you have a button that you can just click on when you want to stop the 'flashing adverts'   ..... I used to have that in FF ....how do I get a button.  I'm sorry to appear 'thick'  ::)     but can you spell it out for me please ?   

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 03:31:08 PM »

Glad the blocking is working ok............ :clap2:

As to getting a button, go here..........http://my.opera.com/dude09/blog/on-demand-plugin-opera-turbo ......and go down to "buttons" ( button B may be the better choice) Click on the wee blue linky, accept the warning....and hey presto.. ;D

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »

Is that the same button 'B' that used to be in telephone boxes?

Sorry I've been at the wine gums again.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »

:D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »

;D

Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 04:28:57 PM »

:-\  Thank you TD  ..I've done what you said  .....   but can't see a 'button'    :-\    I think I'm having an 'auburn' moment  :D     Once I've accepted the warning -  clicked OK  ..I get an 'Appearance box'     Buttons is highlighted and it says in the big space  .... set preferences  ...I click on that .....nothing  ...  right click - and then I'm lost  ..I'm so sorry    ...bet you wish I'd stuck with FF and Chrome now don't you   ;D

:lol: @ Colin  ....you shouldn't mix wine with gum   :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »

>>>  Buttons is highlighted <<<

Can you not drag and drop onto the toolbat or wherever ?

>>> .I'm so sorry    ...bet you wish I'd stuck with FF and Chrome now don't you  <<< Nonsense, and there is no need to apologise. I did say earlier somewhere that Opera is a bit geekie and needs some tweaking to get it running just as you want.

Keep battling away, in between mouthfuls of turkey and vin rouge.. ;D

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 04:41:47 PM by tuftedduck »

scottiesmum

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »

Thank you TD  .... I'll come back to this later in the festive season  ....  I can cope until then (with the help of the red stuff   :lol:)   I'm off to wrestle with a roast of veal ......must get it in the over   ::)   or we'll be on toast tonight  ;D

Have a lovely Christmas eve TD  .....   take care   -  a bientôt !

scottiesmum

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »

I'm back   ;D   .....  I followed the instructions TD  ..... and this is what I see when I open  'Buttons' on the Advanced   (see attached)
If I then left click on Set Preferences  ... nothing   -    right clicking brings me to Customize .. then  Appearance    or Reset Toolbar to Defaults or Remove from Toolbar   !   but I can't see a 'button'  to drag anywhere   :'(   

Sorry to be a pain   ....  and thank you for any further help  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

AdrianH

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »

Place your cursor on the "Set Prefernces" and drag it to your address bar and drop where you want it to stay. Clicking the button toggles blocking on and off.

scottiesmum

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »

:-[ :blush:   so the 'set preference ' IS the button   .... I thought it would be a round thing    ;D ::)        Merci Adrian  :)    and TD,   for your patience   :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything