Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Still got problems flashing Sky router DG934G  (Read 3236 times)

athcnv

• Just arrived
Still got problems flashing Sky router DG934G
« on: December 17, 2011, 01:04:36 AM »

We ended up with this router somehow, and it's been sitting around for a while. So we tried to flash it to DG834V3 using http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/skyDG934.htm

I've also looked at:

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,2735.msg183305.html#msg183305

Sadly, so far it hasn't worked.

The first computer I tried it on suffered that 2 pages being displayed at once problem in the Upgrade Wizard, mentioned in the latter link above.

The second one didn't have that problem, but after selecting the Network Card, at the Device List, it wouldn't find any devices (leaving me with just a empty white box below the words "Device List").

Both computers are running Windows XP. The firewalls were turned off when the computer was connected to the router by a  Ethernet cable. We do have other computers to try.

To top that, putting 192.168.0.1 into the browser to access the router doesn't work - just gets an error message. So I can't use that method to change any firmware. Also, typing IPCONFIG/ALL into the command prompt shows no IPs when that router is plugged in.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

mazey

• Just arrived
Re: Still got problems flashing Sky router DG934G
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 08:55:41 AM »

Hello. I had the same problem, as well as not being able to assign an IP address when in firmware flashing mode.
So I had to manually set the IP address on my network card. IP address 192.168.0.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway 192.168.0.1 everything else can be empty.
Secondly, if you are using the Upgrade Wizard that came on the disk instead of downloading it, it will only recognise the .img file that comes on that disk.
What I did was make sure the only .img file that was in the wizard folder was the one that was on the supplied disk. ONLY THEN did it come up with the MAC address. Once it shows the MAC address (without colons), you have to delete that .img file and replace it with the DG834.img file BUT renamed to the file you have deleted (mine was DG934G-1SKUKS_v1.02.26.img) after that it flashed perfectly.