Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Opera 11.60 available now  (Read 20725 times)

AdrianH

Opera 11.60 available now
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »

http://www.opera.com/browser/new/

New browser engine,improved search, new mail ..........  8)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Opera 11.60 available now
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:24:06 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Adrian,just updated  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »

Just updated, and all seems well.

Thanks, AdrianH.. :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »

I have been intensely annoyed with one aspect of this new built....the mouse cursor.

Is anyone else similarly irked by this.

The cursor is the standard arrow which changes to the standard pointy finger when it detects a link.........but when hovering over any text it turns into an I beam, (the sort of thing you see in this box when you are typing.)

If this does annoy you and you want the standard cursor back, go to http://files.myopera.com/earth01/files/user.css .........when that opens go file>save as , navigate to c:/program files/opera/styles and save it under the default name user.css..............shut down Opera and on next reopen, the cursor will be back to normal

AdrianH

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »

I hadn't seen that because I use a different skin. I am running the Kawii skin which is amazing, I much prefer the sharp definition and look.

>> http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/  will give you skins as well as a great range of speed dial and desktop backgrounds.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:28:42 PM »

I must be missing something because I get that same 'girder' shape cursor when I hover the mouse over text in Opera,FF and Chrome.

Never really gave it a second thought till you mentioned it TD  :)

AdrianH

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »

I must be missing something because I get that same 'girder' shape cursor when I hover the mouse over text in Opera,FF and Chrome.

Never really gave it a second thought till you mentioned it TD  :)

Actually you are right , I thought TD meant that the "I " beam was showing for links, highlighting/hovering ordinary text has always to my knowledge been the I beam in all browsers.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »

Just had a look at the 'Kawii' skin Adrian.............. 8)

I'm always having a swap about with various skins,so will use that one for the time being.Thanks  :)

AdrianH

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »

Look out for the rounded corners and new button shapes on the forum and other sites  8) 8)

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »

I have another query   :)      When I first start Opera ... I continue to get the Welcome box  ..I have it ticked to continue from last time and run extensions.  Now, I also have an automatic shutdown on the computer, this is set for 2 am every day (I use this because sometimes I like to listen to the radio when "no-one is stirring, not even a mouse "  ;D   and if I go to bed I don't need to get up.....  )  could this be causing the welcome box to appear every time.  My auto shutdown is instructed to close all programmes before shutting down, and I didn't have this with an other browser (and as you know I've tried a few  ;D )  I'm sure I  remember ticking 'don't show welcome box' somewhere (but I can't find where now  ::)   Is there a work around this please.  ?

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »

Open Opera and type opera:config#Show%20Startup%20Dialog into the address bar and hit enter.

When that page opens, take the tick mark out of the "Show Start-up Dialog" and then click on ok/save.

That should do the trick.. :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »

Thank you TD  ...    did that -  found Preferences Editor  ...  but the box was already unchecked  :'(    however I clicked Reset   ( the box remained unchecked)  then Save ...  had a pop up message saying no changes had been made  ;D

Just a by the by  ...  IF I close Opera and re-open it, the welcome box doesn't show - it is only on the initial opening of the day -  I don't know if that tells you anything  ?  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »

When the Welcome screen opens, do you not get the option to "never show this again" in the bottom left corner, as shown.

[attachment deleted by admin]

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »

I think when I first installed Opera I did get the 'Welcome' screen with that option - and perhaps that's where I remember ticking the box TD.  But your Welcome image is not the same as the one I get ..(perhaps due to skins ???? ) I'm using Opera Standard ( haven't had time to decorate yet  ;D)   It is a smallish box, with red border -and I'm CERTAIN that option is not shown, but, I'll have a look tomorrow TD, that's when I'll restart Opera following the boot up of the computer, and report back.
Many thanks.  :flower:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »

Don't worry about the appearance of that wee box, scottiesmum.

It's not a skin thing. It is so long since I saw that welcome screen, I cannot remember what it looked like but I do recall ticking that box when I first installed Opera six or seven years ago.

I just pulled that image off the web as an example, and have no idea which version it relates to...but the current principle is the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

anything