Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Opera 11.60 available now  (Read 20728 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Opera 11.60 available now
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2011, 07:36:37 AM »

Good morning TD  :)    Thank you for your information this morning.   ( I disabled the Shutdown last night and switched off manually  ..... this morning opened Opera no box ! so that' has obviously been the culprit !  )

I've just checked the Unite and it is disabled, as it says  Enable   .....  I clicked on Enable last night and then had an option to set up an account - which of course I didn't do, so I'm not at risk of sharing anything with anyone    ........ am I  ?   

I still have the problem that I would prefer to have an auto shutdown and  wonder can this  actually be done without have to force programmes to close  ?...which I assume means in Opera's case to 'crash'   ....  thus producing the box .   If I can put up with the box, does the forcing shut of Opera do any damage ?     -    or does it just cause this 'niggle box' to appear ?   If that's the case, then I would be happy to put up with it in order to keep my auto shutdown   .... I would then leave the Start Unite and Extensions ticked, the Extensions would all be enabled, but Unite would remain disabled .....  and Bob's your uncle   ;D Does that all make sense ?

This problem didn't occur with FF because  when I used the BBC radio player it produced a window of it's own, and I could close down FF but still have the Radio connection  .... but in Opera the Radio player  is an Extension  integrated into the main 'body'  (if you see what I mean)  When I click on the icon for the player it opens in a tab........  could I get it to open in a separate window ?  I can't see any  obvious option to do that. 

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »

Yes, that is what has been happening....Opera thinks it has crashed when you auto shut down and up pops the box, and it does seem that you will have to get used to it if you want that shutdown. Bit of a pest I know, but that seems to be the way.
I don't think that forcing the shutdown will do Opera damage.

If you have not set up an Unite account and if it disabled then you are not in danger of sharing your files.

You can certainly go tools>preferences and set to open in windows rather than tabs, but that is a global command and everything would open in windows rather than tabs which is not what you want ?
If I click on a link it opens in a new tab...if I right click the link a menu opens and I have the option to open in a new window for that one occasion........can you try that on your Player icon to see if it works?

scottiesmum

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2011, 09:51:56 AM »

I had already tried the right click on the radio icon ...  but when I look at the preferences it is just a list of the radio channels available, but no option to window or tab.   

Never mind, at least we have discovered what was causing the box, and now I have Hobson's choice  ;D   I'll put up with the box  :)

Thank you ever so much TD for all your help, and to Adrian too   ..... :flower: 

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2011, 10:22:42 AM »

Scottiesmum,
I have included a couple of screen shots from my opera. To get to them you need to enter in the address bar what I suggested before. I.E. about:config
You may see pages similar to the screen shots, or, a single page of all the configuration. Either way there will be the items I have shown in the screen shots. The second item is possibly the one you are looking for. The one about unite.
I hope that is of help to you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:25:48 AM by silversurfer44 »
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »

Thank you for that Colin.     I think with Unite disabled ( I don't any of its services)  and now that we know the reason for the box,I'm pretty much sorted.   I shall leave things as they are and see how I get on.   Many thanks  :flower:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2011, 10:53:35 AM »

Have fun... ;D

That'll teach you to play about with new browsers... :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2011, 11:00:22 AM »

I blame all these people that keep saying it's awesome   :lol:      but it  is rather good isn't it  :)

:hmm:    wonder what else I can mess up  :lol:

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »

Have you had a look at the line that I pointed out?
As I read it, regardless of whether you have any services activated or not, if your opera browser thinks it has crashed it will try and start the service unless that option is cleared.

Best of luck. :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »

This  (below) is what is on my   User Prefs for  Unite  Colin  ....    so  should  I untick the   Restart Unite Services After Crash box ?    I'm sorry to be (thick) again  ::)  but I am so not  au fait with this yet  ( will I ever be I ask myself  ;D ) I don't want to do the 'wrong thing' and muck it all up again .   :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »

Can't wait for Opera 11.61 to come out........ ::) :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »

:o :swoon:    :D

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2011, 02:17:41 PM »

User Prefs for  Unite  Colin  ....    so  should  I untick the   Restart Unite Services After Crash box ?[/qoute]
Yes
 :thumbs:

scottiesmum

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2011, 02:23:53 PM »

You're not going to like this Colin  ....   I unticked the little box  .... pressed Save  ....  shut down Opera  ...  opened it up again  ...box ticked again  :'(    I'm going to lie down in a darkened room  :lol:     Don't worry about it Colin  ...  I'm not  :D   

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

:silly:   Someone is trying to tell you something. :'(
Sorry, no more suggestions from me.
Do you know a good exorcist?

scottiesmum

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2011, 02:45:12 PM »

I think its the Phantom of the Opera   :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5