Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Keyboard problem  (Read 4222 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Keyboard problem
« on: December 31, 2011, 05:06:46 PM »

May I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy New Year?  And many thanks for all the help you have provided over the last year or so.

Also before I go and celebrate myself can anyone tell me why the keys on my Logitech EX 110 wireless keyboard do not always function?
Surprisingly the above was typed without a hitch!!  But lately I have found that some keys do not always operate, causing words to become joined due to the space bar not working for instance.

I have already blown away any bits of debris, just a bit of dust, opened the board up but found not crumbs or dust in there either.

So, before I invest in a new one is there anything else I can try please?

Regards,

Peter

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
Re: Keyboard problem
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »

Is it possible it needs a fresh battery?
Tony

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »

Battery, keyboard and sender/receiver unit not talking to each other( need resetting ), kids playing an XBox in the same room  >:D ?

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »

Good morning all, hope the hangovers are clearing nicely? :no:  As designated driver I'm ok ta.

so, to re cap, keyboard cleaned, new batteries fitted twice, have now repositioned the sender/receiver unit.

As I said this is not a permanat fault but an annoying intermittent one, I'll resist the temptation to invest in a new keyboard for now.

Thanks all, drink lots of water and or fruit juice.

Peter

PS all the above typed without any problems.   ???

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 11:43:16 AM »

After moving the sender/receiving gizmo, which was between a spaeker and external hadr drive and the phone!!  The keyboard now seems to be working ok again.  :-[

Thank s to all who replied.

Peter

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 11:50:28 AM »

Sorry to tell you Peter, but your keyboard is mis-spelling words.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 12:11:06 PM »

I can't blame the keyboard for that SilverSurfer, ;twas I. :blush:

Peter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »

I dunno if its related, but about 3 months ago my Logitech MX keyboard suddenly and out of the blue developed a strange fault.   It would lag when typing certain keys...  and even worse sometimes inserted characters that I hadnt even typed - particularly the space bar.
This was a weird experience for me as a long term fan  of logitech wireless keyboards and mice..  Id never seen anything like this before.

I cleaned it out, made sure it wasnt the batteries...  even swapped out the receiver that I had from another that I had.  At one point I even thought it was my ipod causing interference, but it wasnt...  and in the end I had to get a new one.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »

I too have experienced the 'lag' when typing, I found it happened when the batteries were going flat.

Peter

PS I'm having to 'log in' to this and some other sites even though I opted to be permanently logged in. Is it my fault?

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »

>>>>> PS I'm having to 'log in' to this and some other sites even though I opted to be permanently logged in <<<<<

That could be because you have lost the cookies for those sites...........have you recently cleaned out the cookies, and do you have your browser set to accept cookies. ?

anything