Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GCHQ code test  (Read 3720 times)

AdrianH

GCHQ code test
« on: December 03, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: GCHQ code test
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »

Easy peasy, but as I'm not looking for a job I'll keep the answer to myself. :graduate: :no:
  Eric

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »

Easy peasy, but as I'm not looking for a job I'll keep the answer to myself. :graduate: :no:

I know the answer  :)  but only cos' I cheated  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 07:55:49 PM »

I assume that because I was taken to this page, I must have achieved something.  ^-^  :swoon:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

AdrianH

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 06:57:46 AM »

I assume that because I was taken to this page, I must have achieved something.  ^-^  :swoon:

8)

Two possibilities, 1) you are excellent at working with base 64 codes or 2) You are good with Google   :graduate:

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »

Two possibilities, 1) you are excellent at working with base 64 codes or 2) You are good with Google   :graduate:

Two tasks for me to try to remember to perform: 1) Take a photograph of one particular shelf of my books to attach here & 2) See how much of my time could have been saved by the use of Google.

Hmm, I'm intrigued by 2).  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

AdrianH

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 07:38:10 AM »

Two tasks for me to try to remember to perform: 1) Take a photograph of one particular shelf of my books to attach here & 2) See how much of my time could have been saved by the use of Google.

Hmm, I'm intrigued by 2).  :-\

Well ........ 1) definitely in awe if you knew how to deal with that code, I read an explanation and was lost very quickly 2) people have been posting the answer on various sites so Google has it (hence my cheat).

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »

Well I'm going to have to google it now because I didn't have a clue... :(  I'm useless at anything cryptic though I can make up cryptic crosswords and quizzes but no good at solving them  :D
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »

Wahay!

http://www.canyoucrackit.co.uk/soyoudidit.asp

... and to think I just moved away from the area - we lived only 12 miles away until mid-August.

Colin

PS - didn't cheat ..... honest.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »

PS - don't forget that, around the time I joined you guys here, I owned a security software company.

Colin

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »

Someone has published the answer at http://lolhax.org/2011/12/03/can-you-crack-it/#more-114

Really a test in programmimg techniques and math.

Colin

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:24 AM »

Do you know that there is someone sitting in the Doughnut (GCHQ building) monitoring all the IP address's of all the people that have tried this code breaking.  :lol: 8)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »

Do you know that there is someone sitting in the Doughnut (GCHQ building) monitoring all the IP address's of all the people that have tried this code breaking.  :lol: 8)

At 63-years-of-age, I think I am just a tad past my best-before date to join the double-0 team.

Colin

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »

At 63-years-of-age, I think I am just a tad past my best-before date to join the double-0 team.

Colin

Being of similar age I am in the same mind, they say the pays not very good there but its a nice building.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 01:51:14 PM »

.... but who wants to work in a donut?   :lol:
Pages: [1] 2

anything