Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT phone bill.  (Read 6748 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
BT phone bill.
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:15:39 PM »

On my BT 'On line ' phone bill there is a charge of £0.255 for a phone call to 123 . :(
As we get free phone calls through my ISP there are no other charges for any other calls.
Does anyone know what 123 phone number is for.?

I have asked  BT and my ISP about it.

Michael.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT phone bill.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:41:45 PM »

123 is the speaking clock which has a BT charge of 30p per call inc vat

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 12:31:44 AM »

123 is the speaking clock which has a BT charge of 30p per call inc vat

That's odd.
 Bt says the call lasted 1 second, but we were on another call at the time (which is logged with my ISP ).
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:04:23 AM »

Depending on the time of the call it could of been an engineer either doing a test call or they forgot their watch when out on a repair.

When I had BT (a long time ago) there were forever erroneous call "plus credits" on my bill, on one occasion the credits were nearly as much as the actual bill should of been so I couldn't complain.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 12:06:29 AM »

Depending on the time of the call it could of been an engineer either doing a test call or they forgot their watch when out on a repair.

It was 22.17 .

we were on the phone to another call at the time which is logged by my ISP, all our calls go through them because we get free calls with my Broadband.

They say they are looking into it.

anything