Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TitanADSL - Any Thoughts?  (Read 8532 times)

Bayardo

TitanADSL - Any Thoughts?
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:17:13 PM »

I'm on the verge of dumping TalkTalk, (my contract is dust in about 4 weeks), and I'm in the market for something better.
At the moment I'm leaning towards Titan, but would appreciate some input about them.

I've read the thread from Dec '09 and am wondering if any one has recent experience/knowledge of them.

Are they still a reseller, and if so, is it still Entanet or have they moved on from there?

Suggestions of good, decent & reliable alternatives, (without any association with TalkTalk or BT) gratefully accepted

Thanks
Bayardo
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:20:13 PM by Bayardo »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: TitanADSL - Any Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:57:07 AM »

I'm afraid I've never heard of TitanADSL. They're obviously a very small ISP, and must inevitably be a reseller. They seem to get quite good reviews generally on ISPreview.
  Eric

Bayardo

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:27:52 AM »

I'm afraid I've never heard of TitanADSL. They're obviously a very small ISP, and must inevitably be a reseller. They seem to get quite good reviews generally on ISPreview.

Thanks for taking the trouble to get in touch. As you say, they are small, and appear to operate out of Derby.
Having spent quite a bit of time researching them I'm becoming more disinclined to take them up, and I'm now seriously
looking in to IDNET, who seem to be widely considered as being good.

Regards
Bayardo

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »

Yes, IDNet is reckoned to be one of the best few.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 11:44:50 AM »

One or two more to throw into the mix are Newnet,Vispa,Aquiss,Zen and AAisp.All have UK based support staff.

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »

Hi Bayardo,

If you're planning on many exciting tassels with BT Openreach, then Zen in particular have an excellent fault reporting and recording web system which is updated regularly by them and to which you can add you own observations without the need for further call waiting and phone conversations.

Kind regards,
Walter

Bayardo

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »

One or two more to throw into the mix are Newnet,Vispa,Aquiss,Zen and AAisp.All have UK based support staff.

I've looked at those, with the exception of Newnet & for various reasons, whilst not completely ruling them out, they are
lower down my list. I'll certainly take a look at Newnet though.

Thanks

AdrianH

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »

I was with IDNet for some time, I now use an LLU system from Xilo and have found the service to be really excellent. The big issue is what services are available to you at your exchange.

Bayardo

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »

I was with IDNet for some time, I now use an LLU system from Xilo and have found the service to be really excellent. The big issue is what services are available to you at your exchange.

SamKnows tells me that for LLU there are (only) AOL, C&W/Bulldog, Sky/Easynet & TalkTalk (which if I remember correctly is now
"joined up" with AOL, not that TalkTalk could join anything up!!

AdrianH

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 11:40:13 AM »

CPW might mean there was a Tiscali Wholesale connection which is what I run over and it is excellent.

Stick your number in this checker and see what is available to you https://my.xilo.net/adslcheck.php   you may find something you like, whatever it's another string to your bow  ;)

Bayardo

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 12:29:34 PM »

CPW might mean there was a Tiscali Wholesale connection which is what I run over and it is excellent.

Stick your number in this checker and see what is available to you https://my.xilo.net/adslcheck.php   you may find something you like, whatever it's another string to your bow  ;)

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't work. The number I am on is one that was allocated to me on transfer from Virgin cable  and is not one that is recognised on any ISP or checking site. I've looked it up & it's one of a batch allocated to TT.

AdrianH

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 01:31:41 PM »

I think you may well find that you will have to pay for that to be moved to another supplier then. Xilo will always let you know what you can get if you call them.

Bayardo

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »

I think you may well find that you will have to pay for that to be moved to another supplier then. Xilo will always let you know what you can get if you call them.

I'm expecting a cost. As long as it's not a ridiculous price I'm ready for it

Bayardo

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »

Having had email discussions with Titan, and looked at some of the others available I've gone for ICUK as they seem to be more suited
to my needs & are not overly expensive, with a decent reputation and I've put my order in today.
The big test will be to see how they get on with TalkTalk in pulling my existing telephone number away from them. It's not critical that I keep it, but it does save the personal hassle involved.

AdrianH

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »

I hope that all goes smoothly with your move and you find your new provider to your liking.
Pages: [1] 2

anything