Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Homeplugs

(1/2) > >>

mywifeshusband:
I picked up a set of 3 new devolo 85Mbps Homeplugs cheap in a sale the other day intending to use them with a smart TV that I have on order, ready for the digital change over in February, and with an old net cam that has lost its wireless connectivity but still works OK with an Ethernet lead.  Plugged the things in and all seemed to go well at first, but then I lost wireless communication with the web via both my PC and my lap top. Unplugged the Home plugs and back the wireless connection came.
I'm told that this should not happen and that Homeplugs and wireless should not interfere with each other, but nevertheless they seem to in this house. Could it be I wonder that I did use extension leads to plug the things in contary to the advice on the box: or could it be that with FTCC BT Infinity they DO mess up the connection somehow?

roseway:
I certainly wouldn't expect them to interfere with WiFi, because the frequencies are miles apart. I can't really think of an explanation, but I think I would start by plugging them in two at a time in different parts of the house, and see if any pattern emerges.

bbnovice:
If memory serves member nickharris792 posted about a similar (but not quite identical) issue earlier this year. I also recall some other funny issues being reported with homeplugs by others. I use them with no problems at all, but then I'm old fashioned and refuse to use wireless.

Try a forum search on the term "homeplug"

mywifeshusband:
Thank you to both of you. Now I know that they should work together I'll do a bit of testing and see if I can't find out where the problem is.

risk_reversal:
Please describe your set up ie you have one unit a wireless modem/router.

If the above is correct, then the possibility exits that the router is overheating since it has to tackle the modem, routing and wireless side. The general overheating could then be locking up the wifi. if you see what I mean?

question: when you loose wifi connectivity do tethered pcs also loose internet connection?

I use solwise homeplugs (both wired and wireless) with no issues and have never read anything about homeplugs interfering with wifi.

As regards plugging the homeplugs into extensions, problems are more likely to occur if you use a surge protector.

I am tying this on my laptop connected wirelessly via solwise homeplug which is plugged into a extension with no issues at all. Furthermore, the homeplugs have never affected the other wifi networks in my house.

Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version