Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Filtered Faceplate Help

(1/4) > >>

jaydog:
Hi, I have bought a filtered faceplate and just had a few questions please?

1) I understand the wires behind the current faceplate are just for the upstairs phone socket. If I just didn't connect them to the new plate, and fitted the new plate, would the phone and broadband just work as normal, but the socket upstairs wouldn't work?

2) If I do connect the upstairs socket, do I just pull out wires 2 and 5 out of the current socket, and put them in sockets 2 and 5 on the new faceplate?

3) I go live with my new ISP on Monday. Am I ok to be doing this during the 10 day training period? I know that the exchange watches all disconnections, so if I turn the router off will the exchange class this as a disconnection and lower my sync?

Thanks

roseway:
1. That's correct.

2. Correct.

3. It's generally best to leave the connection uninterrupted during the training period, but one disconnection isn't going to make any difference. Installing the filtered faceplate might give you a slightly higher connection speed, so it's best to do it sooner rather than later, so the training benefits from it.

jaydog:
Thanks Roseway. I thought there was something about wires A and B though to do with the ADSL on a faceplate?

The faceplate I got was this one:

http://www.soundlightuk.com/shop/products/Commtel-NTE5-Faceplate-with-ADSL-Filter-%252d-IDC-Type.html

That look ok to you?

So one manual disconnection shouldn't make any difference during the training period? I thought there was a way to disconnect which made the exchange aware it was a manual disconnect?

burakkucat:

--- Quote ---The faceplate I got was this one:

http://www.soundlightuk.com/shop/products/Commtel-NTE5-Faceplate-with-ADSL-Filter-%252d-IDC-Type.html

--- End quote ---

Yes, that is correct. (However I'll add the proviso that at their retail price they are not going to be of the better quality devices' standard.)

Why don't you fit the new filtered faceplate on Sunday -- before you go live with the new ISP?

jaydog:
If it arrives before sunday I will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version