Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wiring the ADSL v1.0 replacement faceplate for BT NTE5 master socket  (Read 9119 times)

hake

• Reg Member
  • Owzat! On ya way, back to the pavilion!

I bought an ADSL v1.0 replacement faceplate for BT NTE5 master socket from Solwise.  An addendum to the instructions describe a blue IDC connector and number the connections as 2, 3, 4, 5, A and B.  However, the face plate body moulding only bears the connection numbers for the old 3 connector block and these appear to be numbered in the reverse direction from the blue IDC connector equipped faceplate.  A sticker bearing the connector numbers is supplied but since it was not attached to the faceplate, I don't know which way round it should be.

The BT instruction leaflet refers to 3 connectors only so the 6 position blue connector obviously postdates the BT instruction leaflet.  Can anyone say if the 2 3 4 5 A B connections run from right to left or left to right.

Thanks in anticipation.  I could ask Solwise but it's Saturday night and I wanted to fit the faceplate tomorrow morning.  Perhaps I should wait till Monday.  I don't want to damage something by getting the wiring wrong.

:-\
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 11:12:46 PM by hake »
Windows XP

soms

• Reg Member
Re: Wiring the ADSL v1.0 replacement faceplate for BT NTE5 master socket
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:06:04 PM »

When I recently bought one of these the label came already affixed. It seems odd it is loose.

It sticks on "upright", so you stick it the same way up over the moulded numbers.

From left to right it should be 2,3,4,5,A,B.

Hope that helps.

anything