Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rollover Contracts  (Read 1586 times)

Magpie3

• Just arrived
Rollover Contracts
« on: October 18, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »

I note in the Press a report that the sale of rollover contracts will be banned as of December 2011. Existing residential and small business customers will have to be moved to alternative deals,whatever that might mean. Ofcom will require the complete removal of rollover contracts by 31st December 2012.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Rollover Contracts
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »

Hello magpie3........always nice to hear from a fellow feathered type... ;D

A wee linky to the topic.....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/financialservices/8826644/Broadband-rollover-contracts.html

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Rollover Contracts
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »

Ofcom, the telecoms regulator has recently banned rollover contracts, so that as of December providers will no longer be able to sell them.

Good!

Automatically renewable contracts are absolutely not in the interests of long suffering customers who can unwittingly get tied into another long contract unless they have an accurate annual alarm clock to remind them to call up their provider at the appropriate time.”

Far too many people have been tied up without realising it, and found themselves unable to move without buying out of their contract, many of them not even knowing what a rollover contract was, nevermind not knowing they were in one.  BT was the major culprit and Im glad OFCOM has stamped on this.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker