Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

BT Street Cabinets

(1/6) > >>

UncleUB:
Hi all,

Is there any maps/way of showing BT street cabinets.

I have just contacted the Digital Region offices and was told that my home is now live for a fibre broadband connection and was quoted a cabinet number.

She told me to contact one of the isp's who will be able to supply me a connection.Saying that I'm under contract with O2 so no immediate plans to jump ship.

I just wondered how near my home the quoted cabinet number was.

waltergmw:
Hi Uncy,

You should attempt to verify that statement by putting your number into the Infinity web site which will probably reject it !

Then walking boots on and try to find the cabinet. When you do verify that there is an auxiliary cabinet close-by usually with a new strip of tarmac between them.

Be prepared to be disappointed !

Kind regards,
Walter

Oranged:
Try this site :

http://www.trefor.net/tech-pages/fttc/

You may need to register to access some data.

UncleUB:

--- Quote ---Hi Uncy,

You should attempt to verify that statement by putting your number into the Infinity web site which will probably reject it !

--- End quote ---

It did Walter. :'(

Due to my arthritis walking boots not an option,will have to investigate via car.  :)......or send Sue on her bike  ;D

burakkucat:
Uncle,

You could make the Senior Management's job a little simpler by using Google Maps streetview to determine the location of all the PCPs in the near vicinity of your abode. Having compiled a list of those locations, then you could send out your resident cyclist to visit each one in turn and to note number stencilled there upon. If it would not be a problem, an overview photograph of each cabinet's location would show which has been provided with a fibre twin.  :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version