Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Basking Friday greetings ....  (Read 1491 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Basking Friday greetings ....
« on: March 14, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »

'Allo everyone !  Hope you are all in the pink and ready for today.

We are, as the title suggests, basking in glorious  :sun: :sun: together  with the butterflies, geckos and huge bumble bees (not those awful Asiatic things that are a threat to the lovely bees). The birds are singing, blooming blossoms - what more could we ask for.  March arrived bathed in sunshine and has remained that way   ...just want it to last until November, with rain, now and again,  overnight  :D

I'm looking for some new garden furniture, table and chairs, but need something fairly lightweight but sturdy.  We  had a super set in teak, but so very heavy I could no longer  manage to manoeuvre them , never mind lift them ... so I put a sign at the end of our track the other day and sold them within 10 minutes ! I'd no sooner walk back up to the house when a young man appeared and ....voila  ... off they went.   There is usually a very good selection not too far away, so that's my 'new  project'   ;D

Another 'project' concerns looking for an artificial fire effect for our wood burner.  I know years ago in the UK there were electric fires with false logs that lit up..... but I've searched on the internet to see if there is anything similar - and up to now nothing.  Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a bulb that glows on and off ... ??  does that make sense, I want to give the impression that there is a flame amongst logs.  If anyone has any ideas or knows any firm that produces 'false fires'  I would appreciate your comments.  It may sound naff but I know exactly what I mean  :lol:

Off to take advantage of the sun, before it gets to hot so sit out - I've to avoid direct sunlight and the afternoons tend to get too hot even at this early time  - it's lovely   8) 

Take care all and enjoy your day  :flower:
It's today that matters !

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Basking Friday greetings ....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:49:51 PM »

Good evening Kate.  More garden furniture defo means summer is on the way  :)

Not been too brilliant here today although we did have a few nice days earlier in the week even if its still not very warm yet.  The few daffs I have in the front garden are out, but in the back where mist of the are, have still yet to bloom.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:22:51 PM »

I'm looking for some new garden furniture, table and chairs
Do not get any of those white plastic ones that we see on 'you been framed' that collapse very easy when you site on them.

Another 'project' concerns looking for an artificial fire effect for our wood burner.  I know years ago in the UK there were electric fires with false logs that lit up..... 
  Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a bulb that glows on and off ...

We still have one of those log flame effect electric fire stored away in the roof space  :(
It's not the bulb that flickers .
The flickering on them is done by having the lamp shine through a metal disk which rotates due to the heat that comes off the lamp, so when the disk rotates light shines through the slots in the disk then shines on the under side of the logs and you think the logs are flickering like a flame.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:27:42 AM »

Michael, I've actually found something that will do the trick  ..... http://www.luxa.co.uk/shop.aspx   this firm have numerous options and I spoke to 'the man' there on Friday.  As we 'speak ' one of  the fire lamps (pretty much as you describe) is winging its way in our direction.  The have some really nice ideas.    In order to give the effect of their fireboxes, which are fireplace inserts, I have bought some mirror tiles to go at the back and the sides of the wood-burner, logs and vine roots are at the ready !   (They use a piece of curved, highly polished steel as background)
Looking forward to seeing it in action  ;D   I'll post a photo as soon as it's up and running.      I was nearly booking a flight and coming to raid your attic    :D

Re garden furniture, don't worry I have my sights set on a few options including, alu, resin tressé  (the woven wicker  look)  it has to be sturdy but not at all heavy ...I have no worries that I'll find something and hubby is convinced I will  :lol:

Thanks for the reply :)
It's today that matters !

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 11:29:23 AM »

Those lamps look interesting  :) maybe you could put some photo's  on here when you get it.  ;)

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.