Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:25:38 PM 
Started by gt94sss2 - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
I thought FTTP are feed from Wellington Exchange? Cuckoo Oak Exchange is only served ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ only? Just got email from Openreach that my area has changed to July to October 2026 now. How disappointed now but I can understand why because we all under the ground, too complex work.

Its pretty simple, the list refers to the area that exchange currently covers for copper service.

When you think about it, how else would they explain what area they are referring to?

Effectively they are saying "we are replacing the existing infrastructure provided by this exchange with FTTP".  Where the fibre actually comes from is irrelevant in this context.

on: Today at 04:24:09 PM 
Started by art37 - Last post by art37
Life is never simple. 500Mbps package prices have fallen. EE, for example, is offering this speed package for £34.99 per month. Zen is priced at £45 per month, and my present ISP has reduced its monthly price by £5/month to £50 per month, but it has kept my present 330Mbps package at £45 per month. By comparison, Zen would give me a 330Mbps package for £40 per month with a free Fritz!Box albeit with an 18 month contract.  :-\

on: Today at 04:22:12 PM 
Started by gt94sss2 - Last post by Dwight
The new map does look more like blanket bombing!
Especially when you know colleague who are still seeing "Now to Dec 2026" as a completion date. if they check the build web page.

on: Today at 02:45:26 PM 
Started by gt94sss2 - Last post by adslmax
I thought FTTP are feed from Wellington Exchange? Cuckoo Oak Exchange is only served ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ only? Just got email from Openreach that my area has changed to July to October 2026 now. How disappointed now but I can understand why because we all under the ground, too complex work.

on: Today at 02:35:16 PM 
Started by gt94sss2 - Last post by dee.jay
That latest Openreach map is useless now.

I think we are at the point where we just have to accept that “It’ll be done when it’s done, like Duke Nukem Forever.

At least Cuckoo Oak is on the list, hopefully they’ll get max sorted soon.

on: Today at 12:02:13 PM 
Started by gt94sss2 - Last post by Chrysalis
Still no plans O_o.  Bet people are thinking wow Chrysalis you unlucky dude not in that 80% when everyone else on every broadband forum either has OR FTTP or is planned.

True, I dont know why either, population density very high here.

A fair few Leicester exchanges announced but as I predicted they shying away from my city centre exchange.  I think its now the only one in my part of the city with no plans.

Also apparently a alt net going live makes OR do the area, nope, not here.

on: Today at 10:17:17 AM 
Started by burakkucat - Last post by Floydoid
where Nellie's skirt

on: Today at 10:16:30 AM 
(&) Judy

on: Today at 10:15:46 AM 
sarcastic saxophone blower

on: Today at 10:14:46 AM 
out (of) order