Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:01:49 PM 
Started by Waynee - Last post by tubaman
I'm not aware that a line can but set to Fastpath but unless it's a pretty bad line that is almost certainly what you'll get, certainly on a Huawei cabinet with G.INP. If you are on an ECI cabinet things are less clear cut as most I believe still don't have G.INP enabled so if there are significant errors DLM may resort to interleaving to resolve them.

on: Today at 06:53:43 PM 
Started by mbrijun - Last post by tubaman
G.INP can work very nicely indeed, it certainly does on my line and increases the line rate from around 36Mbps to 42Mbps. It does this running at 3dB with very low error rates. Unfortunately as you have found not all DSL modems are the same. My Broadcom line runs at it's best using a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A (I suspect a VMG1312-B10A would work equally well). I have tried a multitude of others courtesy of eBay and nothing syncs as fast or as reliably. Other's have different experiences but certainly on this forum those particular two devices are very much liked albeit getting quite old now.

on: Today at 06:00:32 PM 
Started by mbrijun - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
They do work to a standard, but how they achieve that standard may differ.  Its the nature that implementations can have different strengths/weaknesses to each other and these will naturally be more apparent on more problematic lines.

We have the same problems with WiFi, some implementations just don't work nicely together, even though they should.  There may be bugs, or poor components choices/circuit designs that only show up in niche circumstances.  Its sadly the nature of how complicated the technology is.

on: Today at 05:04:08 PM 
Started by Alex Atkin UK - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
It seems QFirehose is included in the router firmware itself, makes sense.  It flashed fine following those instructions, thanks.

By client stats I was referring to signal strength, link rate, etc.
Code: [Select]
E2:01:BC:  unknown / unknown (SNR 0)  0 ms ago
        RX: unknown                                        0 Pkts.
        TX: unknown                                        0 Pkts.
        expected throughput: unknown

When it should report something like:
60:B7:6E:  -61 dBm / -92 dBm (SNR 31)  25870 ms ago
        RX: 6.0 MBit/s                                362197 Pkts.
        TX: 702.0 MBit/s, VHT-MCS 8, 80MHz, VHT-NSS 2    455716 Pkts.
        expected throughput: 389.6 MBit/s

For example with a simple cgi script I can pull from my NanoHD running OpenWRT.

on: Today at 02:17:26 PM 
Started by Alex Atkin UK - Last post by meritez
It looks like the manufacturer does NOT provide qfirehose in their repo.  I don't want to put stock OpenWRT on it as from what I have read its not exactly optimised for this device.

The only negative I've found so far of the manufacturer firmware is it doesn't present Access Point client stats other than the MAC address of the client.  This isn't just missing from their UI, LuCI and "iwinfo rax0 assoclist" doesn't show it either.

QFirehose is included in the zip file on the gl.inet website:
https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/constantly-loosing-cellular-connection-on-spitz-x3000/40793/79?

Enter the background of the router and run the following command

cd /
mkdir firmware
cd firmware
wget http://download.gl-inet.com/download/RM520GL-modem_firmware/RM520NGLAAR03A03M4G_01.201.01.201.zip 8
unzip RM520NGLAAR03A03M4G_01.201.01.201.zip -d RM520NGLAAR03A03M4G_01.201.01.201
QFirehose -f RM520NGLAAR03A03M4G_01.201.01.201
reboot

Clients depends on your devices, iOS devices are notorious for false mac addresses and cannot be identified.

on: Today at 01:51:47 PM 
Started by Alex Atkin UK - Last post by Dwight
Hi Alex.
Seen a number of these GL.iNet units on YouTube.
They've been getting very good reviews.
This unit ticks an awful lot of boxes for your setup.
Regards.
Dwight.

on: Today at 01:14:44 PM 
Started by Waynee - Last post by mofa2020
Hi Waynee, welcome to the forum :)

Although I am not from UK but I have been around the forum for sometime and have some knowledge about FTTC in UK.. So for your question I think there will be no technical differences between residential and business FTTC Plans i.e if you get connected to Huawei cabinet on Business BT FTTC line will probably be Fastpath (both DS/US) and G.INP (on DS) and in case of ECI cabinet the line will probably be on Fastpath like on Huawei ones but G.INP might be not enabled.. (Last time I heard about ECI G.INP it was not wide spread as I believe, do not know what the situation is now.)

on: Today at 01:00:08 PM 
Started by Reformed - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
For reference, it seems the "extension" they did here was still RFoG.

on: Today at 12:56:02 PM 
Started by Alex Atkin UK - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
Beautiful router,
Latest modem firmware is over here:
https://github.com/4IceG/RM520N-GL

Beautiful router, latest modem makes a huge difference.

It looks like the manufacturer does NOT provide qfirehose in their repo.  I don't want to put stock OpenWRT on it as from what I have read its not exactly optimised for this device.

The only negative I've found so far of the manufacturer firmware is it doesn't present Access Point client stats other than the MAC address of the client.  This isn't just missing from their UI, LuCI and "iwinfo rax0 assoclist" doesn't show it either.

on: Today at 12:47:20 PM 
Started by burakkucat - Last post by roseway
wrestlers

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10