Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:24:38 PM 
Started by Reformed - Last post by Chrysalis
Is there a checker for mustang?

I see there was a video released which showed 2023 areas (it then got pulled), and people reporting works, but Leicester is dead, No VM works in the city other than for their existing network.

on: Today at 03:59:05 PM 
Started by meritez - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
The guys who did mine did a perfect job, very pleased with it.

Was yours done via a contractor?

It sure was.  Honestly, it was kinda crazy sending one engineer given the span of the drop wire and it getting snagged on the shed, so it took both of us.  Obviously I was happy to help, but its not a reasonable expectation for your average customer.

The location of the ONT is not exactly where I wanted it either, but that was my fault as I poorly communicated what I wanted as I was kinda anxious to just get it done.  Once he started drilling the hole I didn't want to be "that customer" that suddenly changed his mind, creating more work.

on: Today at 11:17:54 AM 
Started by mbrijun - Last post by RealAleMadrid
@mbrijun 

As I said in my previous message the FECS value is count of corrected errors, it is NOT seconds The Draytek document and the modem stats display are incorrect.

My modem (Huawei HG612 ) reports this for the latest 15 minute interval....
Latest 15 minutes time = 14 min 23 sec
FEC:            628516          0
CRC:            0               1
ES:             0               1
SES:            0               0
UAS:            0               0
LOS:            0               0
LOF:            0               0
LOM:            0               0

Fifteen minutes is 900 seconds, see what I mean?

I would strongly suggest replacing the Vigor 130 with a Broadcom based device. There are many reports of problems with the Vigor 130 on lines with a Broadcom DSLAM,  it seems they don't work well together.

You say you disabled G,Inp to make the line more stable, on a VDSL2 line G.Inp is a very good thing if it's working properly so it also suggests that the Vigor in not doing very well on your line.

I must admit I have never liked the Vigor modem, the jumbled up stats display and errors in the text are a real turn off, and they don't work well on a lot of lines.

On the Other hand my Huawei HG612 3B with updated firmware to access the stats has been excellent for years, others warn of the age and it's likely to fail but if it ain't broke there's no need to fix it. ;D

on: Today at 10:41:54 AM 
Started by roseway - Last post by kitz
Thanks guys, I will pin this thread so that it doesn't get lost amongst other posts.

Also adding a link to main discussion thread that can be found: DSLstats v6.5 released

on: Today at 09:16:11 AM 
Started by burakkucat - Last post by roseway
not prepared himself

on: Today at 09:15:29 AM 
think

on: Today at 09:14:52 AM 
gooseberry tart cook

on: Today at 09:13:29 AM 
practice (makes) perfect

on: Today at 08:24:23 AM 
Started by meritez - Last post by dee.jay
Mine is precariously screwed into the plaster as the engineer couldn't be bothered to plug the wall.

The guys who did mine did a perfect job, very pleased with it.

Was yours done via a contractor?

on: Today at 12:38:43 AM 
Started by mbrijun - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
Remember they are counters though, so its seconds out of the entire uptime for Near End - and seconds since records were last reset on the DSLAM Far End.  So unless its visibly going up constantly, it does not represent an active problem.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10