Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: May 26, 2024, 09:40:58 PM 
Started by blue166 - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
Lucky, mine is pulling away from the wall since they tightened it at the pole.

on: May 26, 2024, 07:55:12 PM 
Started by blue166 - Last post by blue166
After some contact with Openreach one of the very helpful team arranged to bring it up with one of the local high ups and he arranged to get a visit from a couple of engineers. All done from the property side after a visit. Basically up the ladder and noticed the clamp wasn't clamped tight and the cable appeared to be pulling from the wall and through the unclamped clamp.

The chap took out some cleats, pulled cable through some more and then fastened the clamp up. He said if that fails then a new clamp next.

Will keep an eye on it, especially when the wind picks up. There is still some slack but not to the extent of before where it drooped a lot.

Will monitor.

on: May 26, 2024, 05:00:44 PM 
Started by burakkucat - Last post by Floydoid
started to scratch

on: May 26, 2024, 04:59:54 PM 
trials

on: May 26, 2024, 04:59:21 PM 
down under

on: May 26, 2024, 04:58:58 PM 
match

[sorry I couldn't resist]

on: May 26, 2024, 04:58:27 PM 
penguin picker-upper

on: May 26, 2024, 02:41:14 PM 
Started by burakkucat - Last post by 4candles
ocelot observer

on: May 26, 2024, 11:32:40 AM 
Started by kitz - Last post by kitz
Somehow this passed me by until fairly recently so knowing that we have a lot of cat parents I'll share this info here too that new legislation comes into effect in June 2024 requiring all cat owners must have their cat microchipped.

The deadline to get your cat chipped is 10th June 2024, after which the fine for not having your cat microchipped is up to £500.  All cats should be chipped by the time they are 20 weeks including indoor only pets.   At present this is only applicable in England. Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland are to follow at a later date.

on: May 26, 2024, 08:49:19 AM 
Started by dee.jay - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
When Virgin did the installation around here using PIA it only showed up on Roadworks when they needed to clear a blockage -so they did upwards of 50 streets without anything showing up as they only needed to open up existing covers in the pavement

Here they had to install new cabinets which I think did show up, but its hard to be sure as Openreach were installing at the time too and I was very actively monitoring that.

Virgin were installing cabinets and short ducts into OR chambers, in anticipation of OR clearing the ducts first during their roll out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10