Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:25:05 PM 
Started by art37 - Last post by XGS_Is_On
I am sure that insurers didn’t agree but change was forced upon them by the sector Regulator.

Unless there's some no claims bonus you lose if you don't stay with the same ISP not an issue. Very different products.

on: Today at 10:23:11 PM 
Started by gt94sss2 - Last post by XGS_Is_On
I thought FTTP are feed from Wellington Exchange? Cuckoo Oak Exchange is only served ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ only? Just got email from Openreach that my area has changed to July to October 2026 now. How disappointed now but I can understand why because we all under the ground, too complex work.

More likely you got a generic email telling you it's on the way by then that was sent to anyone who signed up. Ignore. The one you received addressed to you matters not a general one.

on: Today at 08:39:23 PM 
Started by gt94sss2 - Last post by dee.jay
It took nearly 2 years for mine to be activated! The street my flat is on it was nearly a year and a half!
So don't hold your breath. ;) ::)

Yet: -
Email on 6th March confirming I'd been added to their plans (again)
Contractors spotted on my street on 8th March pulling fibres
4th April, I placed an order for FTTP
17th April, installed.

I think people forget that this is much more complex than the FTTC rollout 10+ years ago. A fibre cabinet going live and being added on to everyones already pre-existing copper infrastructure was a hell of a lot easier to do than running individual fibre cables to everyones house...

on: Today at 06:26:23 PM 
Started by burakkucat - Last post by Floydoid
land after blowing

on: Today at 06:25:36 PM 
dressing

on: Today at 06:24:55 PM 
restored painting

on: Today at 06:24:19 PM 
undercover umbrella tester

[spot the pun?]

on: Today at 06:23:35 PM 
(&) tell

on: Today at 05:50:42 PM 
Started by blue166 - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
The only reason I was concerned with mine is snow caused it to pull so low it was touching a neighbours shed roof.  Its right at the lowest point on the cable, the engineer actually struggled with that shed getting the cable installed as it kept getting stuck on the corner of the roof.  He had to pull it to one side while I pulled it through the clamp at the house.

on: Today at 05:47:18 PM 
Started by kitz - Last post by Alex Atkin UK
I can't entirely blame people.  Pretty sure one of our cats we got microchipped we had to have him done twice as the chip migrated and they couldn't find it any more.  Another cat we had chipped went missing and we never heard anything.

Current cat is microchipped as adopted from RSPCA, but forcing it seems kinda pointless if they don't bother scanning them or they can become unreadable.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10