Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a way  (Read 6611 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Is there a way
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 01:33:38 AM »

I don't recall whether this firmware has access control settings (b*cat may know - he's the expert).

Unfortunately I can now confirm that neither the 4.25.15 nor the 5.29.107.12 version of the firmware has the "Access Control" section. :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »

It's a while since I last use a BT2700HGV. But as I remember you could get the "Access Control" to appear by using the correct activation key. Once access control appeared you could change the activation key and access control remained. The important thing was not to do a factory reset.
It looked like this feature was enabled over the internet by BT's CWMP server. This server has now changed it's URL from that set in the older v4,,, and v5,,, firmware. Since this change I was unable to activate the feature.
IIRC I was also able the activate this feature on non-BT firmware by using the BT activation key. Don't know if this is still possible after the server URL change.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 12:25:59 AM »

[. . .] as I remember you could get the "Access Control" to appear by using the correct activation key. Once access control appeared you could change the activation key and access control remained. The important thing was not to do a factory reset.
It looked like this feature was enabled over the internet by BT's CWMP server. This server has now changed it's URL from that set in the older v4,,, and v5,,, firmware. Since this change I was unable to activate the feature.

Yes, I concur with your statement but, as you have quite rightly mentioned, since the change of URL of the server this trick fails to work. I did not mention it, as I did not want to cause any confusion. ;)

Even more importantly this feature, which exists by default in the V2.0 BT Business Hub with the 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm version of firmware (that I have previously mentioned), is removed automagically by upgrades pushed from TEE (The Evil Empire). :o  Hence anyone with the appropriate 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm firmware should configure Adrian C's method of blocking the provisioning server before it is too late. :'(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 [2]