Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I have just ordered BT Infinity  (Read 1187 times)

camallison

• Kitizen
I have just ordered BT Infinity
« on: December 05, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »

I succumbed to a deal from BT and upgraded to BT Infinity, which was enabled in this neighbourhood a month ago.  The engineer is due to call on Monday, 12th December and connect me.

I will let you know my experiences as we go live.   :fingers:

Colin

PS - they are forecasting 31 Meg down and 10 Meg up - let's see.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: I have just ordered BT Infinity
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »

As soon as it has been installed, Mr Eagle will expect you to update the HG612 modem software to Asbokid's unlocked version and start monitoring your line statistics.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 09:36:39 AM »

No way!  I will be closely monitoring just the temperature until I know I haven't got one that overheats.  If he cares to send me a second unit, then I will put that in instead, but won't mod my own unit!

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:16:19 AM »

Good luck Colin  :)

Talking of BB speeds,I went to a friend of Sues yesterday who lives a few streets away as they wanted help installing a TV dongle on their laptop,
I thought its very slow so I did a speed test....1.47MB download,this was wireless.The Kitx checker estimated 3MB adsl(but that is not wireless)..It was so slow.

She wanted me to show her how to use the BBC i-player and how to download programmes.It took 30 minutes to download one programme  :o

Anyway getting back to BT Infinity,its not an option for us,but Digital Region is,which I told them about.They had just renewed their contract with BT  :no:
I shall consider Digital Region when my O2 contract expires next July as I am wanting to get a laptop and obviously use it wireless,but getting those slow speeds is putting me off at present.I get 2.5mb,sometimes 3mb using the ethernet cable on my desktop pc.

anything