Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: London Riots  (Read 14708 times)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: London Riots
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2011, 11:21:08 AM »

What is needed in my opinion is for our spineless politicians to give total support to the police to do whatever is necessary, including water cannon and other strong means, to deal with the rioters.

I agree, ways need to be found for the Police to handle things.

Organised groups of well-intentioned vigilantes may seem like a good idea, and it's easy to feel chuffed when you see the good citizens acting together, with use of force, to protect the things that we care for.    But that's probably how the Ku Klux Klan perceived themselves, and I'm sure we'd all agree how evil they turned out to be...

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »

Just seen on the news that one of the men in court charged with burglary  was a 31 year (black) teacher.He was arrested inside one of the shops.He has been sent to the crown court for sentencing as the magistrates courts apparently can only give up to 6 month sentences,where as the crown court can give out up to 10 years

exo

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2011, 01:41:10 PM »

Are the courts are giving out tough punishments.

One was arrested for looting 2 T shirts from a shop.
After a night in the police cells he was brought up before the courts.
He was sentenced to one day in prison but as he had already spent a night in the police cells, the sentence was considered time served, so he was released.
That will teach him a lesson............and he got a free breakfast.

exo

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »

Are the courts are giving out tough punishments.

One was arrested for looting 2 T shirts from a shop.
After a night in the police cells he was brought up before the courts.
He was sentenced to one day in prison but as he had already spent a night in the police cells, the sentence was considered time served, so he was released.
That will teach him a lesson............and he got a free breakfast.

exo

I saw that,

and the one who couldn't be named for legal reasons was in court with mummy and daddy( who were crying)Pity they weren't so concerned of his whereabouts Monday night
It was just a moment of madness and he has such a bright future in front of him   :-X
The case has been passed to the crown court...hope he goes down...that will put paid to his bright future.

Right off to M&S to do a bit of looting...a couple of shirts and free B&B  ;)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2011, 06:34:38 PM »

Croydon magistrates court have dealt with 36 cases today - 25 with no previous convictions. Only one 14-year-old was released.

scottiesmum

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 01:55:59 PM »

One of  the saddest things to come out of these riots, excluding those who have died of course, is that there is a man in hospital in a very critical  condition.  He had been injured in Ealing Broadway on Monday evening, he was trying to extinguish a fire in a waste bin when he was attacked by a mob. They left him for dead, after apparently robbing him  - he had no form of ID on him, wallet or mobile ...........   the terrible  thing is that no-one has reported him missing.  How dreadful is that   :(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »

There's already plenty of photos circulating of the looters,won't be long before a few front doors are coming off their hinges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14491173   ;)

Plenty of work for joiners....now if only  ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:55:33 PM by UncleUB »

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »

There's already plenty of photos circulating of the looters,won't be long before a few front doors are coming off their hinges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14491173   ;)

Plenty of work for joiners....now if only  ;D
I'm so glad that the message is going out that you can't get away with rioting, looting and thuggery.

Perhaps now we will see the end of the riots.
Mike

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »

I hope the government is at last getting the message that most of the general public is fed up with the way that criminals seem to have more rights than victims.
They are fed up with soft sentences handed out by courts,which offers no deterrent to stop criminals re offending.

The penalties need to be tougher,and stay tougher.Lets hope local councils follow up their threats to evict these thugs and their families from council housing,and stop their benefits,or part of them to pay towards all the damage they have caused.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »

Why not make these useless pieces of trash clean up the mess. Make them rebuild what they have destroyed.
My son is a warden in one of the prisons that house some very tough criminals. He says that the inmates have nearly as many rights as he does. I say when they riot in these jails they should be made to clean up the mess and live in the mess until it is cleaned up. Likewise with these thugs, hooligans call them what you will. Get them rebuilding what they have destroyed. Keep them fed and watered and that is all. No wages or anything.

I haven't posted on this before now as I am really seething about it all. This Theresa May woman spouting her dribble about how we need to treat the underlying cause. Do that after peoples lives and property have been rebuilt.

The police really are between the devil and the deep blue sea. Many, many of them did not join the force for this type of policing. It is the job of the armed forces to quell anarchy. I'm sure the mere appearance of the armed forces would stop a riot.

I'm getting all worked up again, so that's it from me.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 05:07:03 PM »

And someone of a type that certainly does not seem a member of any underclass

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8694655/UK-riots-grammar-school-girl-is-accused-of-theft.html

stevie

• Reg Member
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »

Maybe we could learn a lesson from this guy?

Yes, its an old story, but if we adopted the same approach over here I reckon it`d would put off a few criminals?

http://www.policeone.com/columnists/24Seven/articles/113956-Meet-Americas-toughest-sheriff-Joe-Arpaio/

I don`t live to far from Croydon and work just as close, my Staff were worried about what was going on around our site the other day and one member of staff actually stayed at another staff members house. At work we are surrounded by all the affected areas mentioned on the news, plus all those that never got a mention and there were loads more, the media concentrated on the larger (more media worthy?) areas.

I`ve refrained from posting in regards these events because I feel so peeved off about the rubbish excuses that are being bandied about by the do-gooders, that really know absolutely nothing about real-life.

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »

I hope the government is at last getting the message that most of the general public is fed up with the way that criminals seem to have more rights than victims.
They are fed up with soft sentences handed out by courts,which offers no deterrent to stop criminals re offending.

The penalties need to be tougher,and stay tougher.Lets hope local councils follow up their threats to evict these thugs and their families from council housing,and stop their benefits,or part of them to pay towards all the damage they have caused.
Agreed.

I signed a petition on the downing street website to prevent them getting benefits if they are found guilty of taking part in the riots.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/signatures/275725/verify/pKw3qkWABTMAnpekUj6

The website petition was so popular that it crashed and is down until tomorrow but the required 100,000 signatures has been met.

Sorry, e-petitions is temporarily unavailable.

The e-petitions site is having problems at the moment. We need to temporarily suspend the creation and signing of e-petitions to allow us to make sure everything is working properly for you.

We aim to re-open the e-petitions site by Friday morning (12th August).

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this causes you.

The e-petition entitled “Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits” has now passed the threshold of 100,000 signatures and has been passed to the Backbench Business Committee to consider for debate. It will continue to be available for signature once the site is re-opened.

p.s. I just noticed a typo - the word 'loose' instead of 'lose'  ;D
Mike

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2011, 06:27:50 PM »

Why not make these useless pieces of trash clean up the mess. Make them rebuild what they have destroyed.
My son is a warden in one of the prisons that house some very tough criminals. He says that the inmates have nearly as many rights as he does. I say when they riot in these jails they should be made to clean up the mess and live in the mess until it is cleaned up. Likewise with these thugs, hooligans call them what you will. Get them rebuilding what they have destroyed. Keep them fed and watered and that is all. No wages or anything.

I haven't posted on this before now as I am really seething about it all. This Theresa May woman spouting her dribble about how we need to treat the underlying cause. Do that after peoples lives and property have been rebuilt.

The police really are between the devil and the deep blue sea. Many, many of them did not join the force for this type of policing. It is the job of the armed forces to quell anarchy. I'm sure the mere appearance of the armed forces would stop a riot.

I'm getting all worked up again, so that's it from me.

Pretty much what I said earlier Colin,but with a little less restraint!  ......

........I'm with you unky - send in the troops, set up a Guantanamo-style holding pen (in the rain, in the open) and process them really slowly.  Keep them under lock and key until their case is heard - remand to prevent further re-offending is an acceptable reason.  If convicted, then hard labour rebuilding destroyed properties and rebuilding people's (victim's) lives and possessions.  Minimum term for such should be 10 years............

Colin

AdrianH

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »

Why is it that anyone that breaks the law "must" be in receipt of benefits? 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

anything