Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why is it ........... weather?  (Read 5457 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Why is it ........... weather?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 06:39:20 PM »

I think it means 1 metre per second Unc  ...   which is equal to 3.6 kph .......   which is equal to 2.237 miles per hour  -  does that help     :angel: :D
Thanks Kate :)
Its been a lot windier than 2mph,so another in accurate weather site. I will stick with this one for wind speed
www.xcweather.co.uk

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »

Well impressed by the Norwegian site. Shame it doesn't forecast fine sunny weather, though.

Although French, I find this site has some quite interesting forecast data, especially if you're in the South of England.
And you can post your own weather observations: http://meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/temps-reel.php

Cheers,
Peter

scottiesmum

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 08:12:57 PM »

Peter   .....

Although French        :o        ;)      :lol:       Kate 

scottiesmum

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »

I think it means 1 metre per second Unc  ...   which is equal to 3.6 kph .......   which is equal to 2.237 miles per hour  -  does that help     :angel: :D
Thanks Kate :)
Its been a lot windier than 2mph,so another in accurate weather site. I will stick with this one for wind speed
www.xcweather.co.uk

Unc  ....  I think you need to need to multiply by 10 to fit in with the 10 m/s it was quoting you earlier    ....  so if it was about 23 mph they would have been close  ;D    Hope you are feeling better   :flower:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 08:38:05 PM »

Feeling much better thanks Kate. ;)
23mph seems about right,trust me to get confused,must be the medication(tablet form) ;)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »

Never have understood metres/second, 10m/s sounds quite slow until you do the maths and then it is not so slow  ::) ;)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »

Hi

I also use XCweather ,and found it pretty reliable . Just looking at the forecast for TMO and Saturday I notice quite a difference in the rain forecast between the 2 sites ,good chance to gauge the accuracy.

Regards Jeff
zen user

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »

At http://www.yr.no the presentation is great. Shame about the accuracy though.
Currently showing 100% sunshine for Bishop's Stortford with 0% cloud cover.
I'm looking out of the window at grey cloud with 100% cover. At least it's not raining (yet!).

Cheers,
Peter

AdrianH

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 10:08:54 AM »

At http://www.yr.no the presentation is great. Shame about the accuracy though.
Currently showing 100% sunshine for Bishop's Stortford with 0% cloud cover.
I'm looking out of the window at grey cloud with 100% cover. At least it's not raining (yet!).

Cheers,
Peter

Well ........... none of the weather services are 100% accurate but I have to say that YR.NO has been better than any other forecast ( internet/TV/newspaper) I have seen for the last couple of months .

The rain,wind, cloud predictions have been at least 95% accurate here and the hour by hour page has excelled in getting rainfall start times to within @ 30 minutes. The Met Office, BBC, Meteo, and Metcheck have not come near right for this area .

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 10:52:43 AM »

I've spent several months in Colorado recently and now itching to get back. Yesterday it was over 41 c where I was staying and I love the heat.  >:D

We got one of those electronic mini weather units. The indoor unit displays temperature, humidity, and a trend indication of presure. It also has a remote unit you fit outside with a radio link to the indoor unit. It's constantly being refered to. Its turned out to be a really hand doobry.  8)

The area gets its own mini weather cyclones. This was apparent on day when I looked up at the clouds that day and wouldnt have belived it if I hadn't seen it myself. Clouds at 3 different heights and moving in three different directions. Two lots I've seen before but this was novel.  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]