Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remember It's The Last Space Shuttle Flight !.  (Read 4356 times)

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
Re: Remember It's The Last Space Shuttle Flight !.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 11:50:40 PM »

I remember when the shuttle came to Stansted about 30 years ago, before it went on to the Farnborough airshow. It was perched on top of a 747 and did a flyby before landing. We stood on a bridge over the M11 and watched it. I seem to remember that we then walked up to the airfield and were allowed to get quite close to it. Must have a photo somewhere, but where...?
Ah - found  a link on the BAA website - http://tinyurl.com/68ero3v
Cheers,
Peter

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »

I remember when the shuttle came to Stansted about 30 years ago, before it went on to the Farnborough airshow. It was perched on top of a 747 and did a flyby before landing. We stood on a bridge over the M11 and watched it. I seem to remember that we then walked up to the airfield and were allowed to get quite close to it. Must have a photo somewhere, but where...?
Ah - found  a link on the BAA website - http://tinyurl.com/68ero3v
Cheers,
Peter

I wished I had been there :)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »

Last shuttle supported space walk today, both suited up and ready to go.
see NASA TV.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 12:39:44 PM »

I'm getting ready to watch in HD.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »

I'm getting ready to watch in HD.
I will look at the replay because I must get some brick laying done while it's nice. ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:27:20 PM by tickmike »

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 11:33:08 PM »

Last space walk looked good  :).
It's just said on the press conference from Nasa that a 1"x6" strap floated away from the payload bay while the space walk was in progress and is orbiting the earth now. :'(

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 07:44:14 AM »

That must have happened when I had to go out for a while. Well it won't happen again from the shuttle bay!
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 12:12:45 AM »

What a very successful mission (re-plays on Nasa TV) and a good 30 years of shuttle flights ..
A great program on the BBC tonight, Shuttle The Final Mission. See it on the iplayer. (I think there's two shuttle programs on the iplayer for a week).
Pages: 1 [2]

anything