Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Effects of MW Transmitters on ADSL2+  (Read 14889 times)

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: The Effects of MW Transmitters on ADSL2+
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »

BT80 in the loft space...If you can safely, try and get a good look inside it with a good light source. What your looking for is any hint of a greeny turquiose deposit. Its not common in an attic but I had found occasionaly it crops up. Some loft situations seem to cause a bit of humidity in cetain spots. If it does crop up then it tends to affect that line in the area on its own.

Although it goes without saying, in loft spaces be carefull, take your time an concentrate on putting your weight on solid woodwork. I was always paranoid about sticking a limb through someones ceiling, or at least bowing one. The other thing to look out for is nails or staples not completely in the wood. Really nasty to kneal on.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

Thank you for the advice concerning the roof space.

All I will need to do is: (a) plug in the fluorescent light that is installed up there (b) ascend the fitted ladder.

Although the immediate vicinity of the opening is boarded with 0.5 inch plywood, I won't even need to get on it, as the BT80A is easily accessible from the ladder. Once swapped over (possibly only temporary -- depends upon the results obtained), I shall give it good scrutiny when back down at ground level.

(b*cat may have seen numerous summers but still has a degree of feline agility! ;) )
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »

Just don't test the feline agility to the extend of does a cat always land on its feel and does it really have nine lives.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]