Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: No downstream connection speed recorded  (Read 8611 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: No downstream connection speed recorded
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »

If I were Mr Duck, I would still ask the question(s) at a "higher level". Cats, of course, are naturally curious. ;)

However, congratulations on achieving the required result. :) And applause for the OR engineers from "north of the border". :clap2:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »

As neither the problematic connection nor the contract with BT BB are mine, I cannot of course escalate to a higher level.........I can only comment to those whose contract it is.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »

If I may crave your indulgence, I will take the opportunity to re-awaken this old thread.

I learned yesterday evening that all the local BT Broadband users are once again bereft of a functioning internet connection......and have been since last Wednesday.

The symptoms are exactly as before, in that whilst their router stats. are all showing healthy noise and attenuation values ( both up and down stream) and displaying a decent upstream speed, there is no figure showing in the downstream box......it is blank.

BT Broadband have told all the users concerned that "the problem will be resolved by linking with a new ethernet cable"  :-X

Well done, BT Broadband.......you are about to experience a local mass migration from your services........and the local users have jointly instructed a solicitor in the matter to contest any statements from you with regard to breach of contract when they cease making payments to you.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:22:52 AM by tuftedduck »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 10:07:10 AM »

BT Broadband have told all the users concerned that "the problem will be resolved by linking with a new ethernet cable"

Given the recent history, that's a rather startling diagnosis. :-X

The root of the problem must (I think) be in the exchange, but any half decent ISP would be pushing BTOR/BTW to fix it yesterday.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]