Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Replacement for a DG834G V3???  (Read 11238 times)

iwish

Re: Replacement for a DG834G V3???
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 01:03:39 PM »

I got a 2 wire that came with v6 firmware and it was always dropping its connection
Updated to the Qwest firmware and its been great
Also my Adsl nation face plate failed on me so now use a BT v1.0 face plate
i use wireless and have the power at max
The router is down stairs and my pc is upstairs so the signal has to pass via very thick concrete yet i still get 100% signal

TableLeg

• Content Team
  • Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »

Have you investigated a possible REIN issue, such as heating, street lights.

http://support.zen.co.uk/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=11101

Above is the Zen guide, but you can skip a few pages here and there. I posted the guide for other as well as yourself.

I did actually a while ago, but from what I remember BT wanted to charge me to look into whether there was a noise issue, and I could not risk extortionate charges for them to do so.

I have also been talking to my Isp over the last few days,  so hoping they may be able to help as well.

Many thanks for the link though, I will read it now.

:)

TableLeg

• Content Team
  • Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »

I got a 2 wire that came with v6 firmware and it was always dropping its connection
Updated to the Qwest firmware and its been great
Also my Adsl nation face plate failed on me so now use a BT v1.0 face plate
i use wireless and have the power at max
The router is down stairs and my pc is upstairs so the signal has to pass via very thick concrete yet i still get 100% signal

Thanks for that Info too.

:)

TableLeg

• Content Team
  • Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 06:13:43 AM »

Well my Isp is suggesting that we get Bt into look at the problem, and believes it is noise on the line.

Although I have done the quiet line test at the point whereby the noise starts to cause the Snr to drop and there is no noticeable noise on the line.

Im at a loss other than to suggest that something somewhere is causing the interference but that i'll probably never find it.

I have tested:

1, The router plugged directly into the master socket via the filtered faceplate, no telephone attached = same noise levels
2, The router plugged into a separate adsl filter which in turn is plugged into the Bt master Test socket = same noise levels but drop in sync
3, Moved the router to different positions

The only things I can see that are left are the router itself, or noise created outside of my property i.e. somewhere on the line from the exchange.

:-\

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 09:53:10 AM »

Hi

Have you read the info on REIN Here  .some help in trying to locate it.

Regards Jeff
zen user

TableLeg

• Content Team
  • Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 02:09:20 PM »

Hi

Have you read the info on REIN Here  .some help in trying to locate it.

Regards Jeff

Many thanks Jeff,

Yes I had already read through this information.

The problem I have exists everyday roughly within a few hours of the same start and finish times, continuing through the night through to the early morning whereby it returns to normal.

No electrical devices are turned on in my property during these times. The only other devices that are running are the telephone (tried disconnecting it) and the freezer (also tried disconnecting it) plus some bedroom clocks which are along way from the router.

I have had this problem for a number of years, and had Bt out a few years ago, they said that there were no problems and yet proceeded to swap a wire in the exchange in an attempt to help things. However what they did initially was to disconnect completely the wrong line (we have 2x lines a domestic one - home broadband) and a business line. Ironically it was during the phase where Bt made some changes and were monitoring the line for stability, needless to say their disconnection showed as an instability and my sync plummeted initially and took ages to get where it is now.

However my initial question to my Isp was why do I sync at 6.5meg and only get 3meg on the Bt Speedtester. They said my profile was low and it was raised. I now get about 4.5meg, however just last night alone I had 3x resyncs with a rise at the start up nearly 1meg and then a drop to 6.5meg followed by another drop to 6.3meg. All of this without me touching the computer all night!

:-\

Pages: 1 [2]

anything