Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does anyone know what the BT Openreach Eclipse test is??  (Read 14761 times)

razpag

• Reg Member
Re: Does anyone know what the BT Openreach Eclipse test is??
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 09:39:46 AM »

I've found underground cables just as suseptible to interference as overhead. Depends more on what/where the source is. originaly I fell into the trap of thinking the cables visible to the eye appearing more venerable than the unseen underground cableing. With REIN faults I could trace underground mains cables so easly which where transmitting REIN.

Hi Ezzer

I take it you are an Openreach Engineer dealing with REIN issues ??

Having only been on 4/5 REIN issue jobs, I'm a relative novice which is why i'm asking this question. You say you've found underground power cables transmitting REIN ?? I've always been led to believe (Via REIN engineers and our own e-assistant/ISIS docs) that REIN is always down to componentry transmitting these high-frequencies. For example, set-top boxes, CH stats, Xmas tree lights, Street lamp switching devices, white goods brought in from overseas ...... etc etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as this type of faulting is very rare and is certainly one where you can only learn from  'hands on' experience. Cheers.
Pages: 1 [2]