Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday wafflings 26th  (Read 2276 times)

scottiesmum

Wednesday wafflings 26th
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »

A very cheery 'Allo 'Allo from chez nous   .....    I thought I'd add a  "cheery" because it's been suggested it's miserable on here    :o :o   :D  ......  Hope everyone is in rude health and fizzing for the forthcoming daily tread  ;D

Haven't decided on the agenda for today yet  .....   but lady patient has now been moved to the  local hospital (since yesterday)  having made such good progress   .....  so the 135 km round trip has been reduced to about 20 kms   ....    thank goodness for that !   .... now it's a case of getting her mobile after two months in bed !   ..... so I'll nip in later.   My input can be reduced now, she is speaking,  and I can do any translation by telephone  .....   I can now, almost,  get back to a 'normal life'   :)    Oooooooooooooooooooo  I can feel some lunchy/shoppy outings coming on   :D

Enjoy your day all  !   

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: Wednesday wafflings 26th
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »

Good morning Your Majesty - we aren't miserable on here are we?

Lovely shoppy day for us too - going to Worcester for a good old scrounge and lunch.  I can see now why you love it - such a leisurely pastime isn't it.

Have a good day Kate and all who follow too.

Colin

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »

No, we're not miserable are we Colin ! .....   I was just having a giggle because of  of OF's post on Monday's 'chat'   saying it was all doom and gloom   :-\     He should perhaps look at the three word story thread which proves we're all mad !    :D

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 10:54:25 AM »

Good Morning Scottiesmum, Colin and all who follow, even Old Fogey  :)
Miserable, who's miserable? Sorry but I hate shopping, shoppy is alright but I always see things I can't afford and go home miserable.  :(
Good for you guys, go do it.

Nice to hear your good deeds for your friend have paid off and she is getting better.

Talking of ailments I have a new one that I have never heard of before. I can hear OF now. However I have a green cast over everything when looking through my left eye. It's like looking through a filter only the filter is too small to cover the whole eye. I've had it for a few days now so I'm thinking of an appointment. Incidentally it's the same eye that was operated on a couple of years ago.

There I've told someone and I feel much better for it.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:03:42 AM »

I said "Doom & Gloom" simply because a day never goes by without people seeming to mention all their ailments, doctors and hospital appointments.

The word "Miserable" was never mentioned, not by by that is.

>> Maybe they are all down the doctors discussing who has the most illnesses or complaints.

>> Well actually I had noticed that that's why I don't come in here very often just in case it's catching.

It should be renamed "The Doom & Gloom" thread.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »

I said "Doom & Gloom" simply because a day never goes by without people seeming to mention all their ailments, doctors and hospital appointments.

The word "Miserable" was never mentioned, not by by that is.

>> Maybe they are all down the doctors discussing who has the most illnesses or complaints.

>> Well actually I had noticed that that's why I don't come in here very often just in case it's catching.

It should be renamed "The Doom & Gloom" thread.

Doom and Gloom,miserable......Not on here........you couldn't wish to meet a nicer bunch of moaners  :lol:

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »

>> Sorry but I hate shopping, shoppy is alright but I always see things I can't afford and go home miserable.  Sad
Good for you guys, go do it.

That's the point - see all the things I can't afford and go home thankful that I have saved a lot of money!

Colin

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »

Doom and Gloom?  Nah....course it's not, we have some good larffs in 'ere....good job we can too as that's what the world needs methinks.  8)  But I have to say...if posters on here didn't talk about their real lives and what's important to them at the time...we wouldn't get to know one another, what's happening around people and parts of the country.....I just feel it's a good way of communicating and let's face it.....nowt's perfect and idyllic especially when it has the human touch  ;) ;D ;D

Weather:  gloomy    Outlook:  full of doom and gloom       Me:  quite gloomy and life ain't worth living...especially if you're a stolen penguin..... :(  :-X  As for shopping.....arrgh....don't ask hehehe  Oh and DON'T ask me about the horsepiddle yesterday  :no: :no: :no:  :lol:

Have a good day y'all with whatever takes yer fancy.
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »

Sorry OF   ....  if I misquoted you   .....   I think miserable doesn't sound as gloomy as doom and gloom     ;D

:lol: @ Chrissie's post

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »

Here is some good news for you all then.

I recently recontracted for my broadband provision, got a new modem/router and another (broadband) telephone line with evening and weekend free calls on both lines - the contract price went DOWN from £23/month to £9.99/month.  This is with unlimited download as well.  BT Broadband is my provider now and before.  I still pay for line rental of course.

Wait for it ........... the best I got was 3.8meg down (sometimes dropping to 1.9meg) and 0.36meg up before - I now get 5.85meg down and 0.96meg up after a week settling down.

Did BT just shoot themselves in the foot?

Colin

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:24:34 PM by camallison »

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »

Just goes to show what they can give you if they want to, or goes to show how much money they are relly making that they can afford to give that to you.

Reminds me of the time I asked Virgin Media about my service some time ago about why I was paying £46 pm when a new person only paid £18, ok I did not get the £18 deal but I did get the 10Mb connection, Free phone calls and line rental 24/7 and the basic TV package for £26 pm.

The operator said anyone "asking" can have it.

anything