Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Pull The Other One !........ Dear Winner..  (Read 6232 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Pull The Other One !........ Dear Winner..
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »

Both myself and my wife received this email. :'(
Of course we Deleted it and laugh at the cheek.
I did a 'Whois' on it and it came from Mexico  :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

British Broadcasting Corporation
Broadcasting House,
Portland Place, London, W1A 1AA
http://www.bbc.co.uk/lottery

Dear Winner,
It is another successful year as British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) in conjuction with the National Lottery wish to congratulate you as your email address emerged one of the lucky winners at the 88th Edition of the BBC/National Lottery which subsequently won you the sum of £1,000,000 (ONE MILLION BRITISH POUNDS) as part of our end of the year promo. NOTE: no ticket was sold as winners were selected from a Data Base of 50,000,000 valid email addresses of active Internet Users in 2010, from which your Address came out as one of the lucky Five (5) winning coupon.

Quoting your winning Particulars as follows: 06 07 08 17 27 46 BONUS 29, You are required to contact immediately our Claims Agent for your winnings. CONTACT PERSON: Sir Harry Keith, Email: bbcagent@gala.net Telephone: +44 701 1146 668.

Endeavour to Provide Him the following information to enable Him process your winning claim.

1.Your Name:
2.Address:
3.Occupation:
4.Age:
5.Telephone Number:
6.MODE OF PAYMENT

Kindly indicate your preffered mode of payment from the options below
(1)BANK TO BANK TRANSFER (2) CERTIFIED BANK CHEQUE

Ensure to claim your winnings as quickly as possible as failure to claim your winnings before Ten(10) working days from the day of this notofication will lead to cancellation of your prize from this Year's Edition of the BBC Lottery Promo.

Best Regards

Mr. Scott Mills
(Presenter/Co-ordinator)
BBC/National Lottery, UK
CC: Geraldine Dowd(Director)
CC: Andy Atkinson (Producer)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/lottery
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:51:54 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Pull The Other One !.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »

It's so feeble, you wonder why they bother, but I suppose some people are gullible enough to fall for it. :(
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 06:33:10 AM »

Here  is another one which is good for a laugh... :D

Received by a friend of mine.

" Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 07:07:00 -0800
Subject: account verification
To:

Dear Account User,

This message is from our data base center to all free Hotmail account owners. We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We are deleting all unused accounts to create more space for new accounts. To prevent your account from closing, you will have to update it below so we will know that it's a presently used account. To do this, You have to click on your reply button to reply back to this message and then you fill the information below.

* Username :
* Password:
* Date of Birth: ………………………
* Country Or Territory: ……………

Characters:
Enter the 8 characters you see

Warning!!! Account owner that fails to verify his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely,
The Windows Live Hotmail Team"

Supposed to come from the Hotmail team........using a yahoo.com email addy.... :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:08:29 AM »

:lol:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:13:37 AM »

Beyond belief.........although as already said some people fall for it  :no:

Might be an idea to remove the email addy in your post TD

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 08:26:36 AM »

:lol: @ TD's post    .....  they haven't a brain between them have they  !

grant15

• Just arrived
Re: Pull The Other One !........ Dear Winner..
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »

i recieved this one today it's another cracker.

Greetings!I was suppose to receive a call from you, in-regard of your package. Well I deposited the package with AIR ROAD EXPRESS LTD. United Kingdom. because i don't have your account number.So i was able to come up with $550,000.00,I will be traveling out of the country and I will not be back until six(6) Months Times. So you are advised to get in contact with AIR ROAD EXPRESS LTD. as soon as possible to know when they will be making delivery your package to you because of the expiring date on the Cheque. For your information, I have paid for the delivery Charge, Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheque showing that it is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in your Country. The only fees you will be required to send to AIR ROAD EXPRESS LTD. to enable them make delivery of your Bank Draft direct to your postal Address in your country is ($185.00) Dollars only being Security Keeping Fee of the Courier Company so far. Again, I would have make the payment but i was told that they don't know when you will be contact them and in case of demurrage. You have to contact the AIR ROAD EXPRESS LTD now WITH YOUR FULL NAME;,FULL CONTACT ADDRESS: AND PHONE NUMBER: for the delivery of your Draft with this information bellow: Contact Person: Sir Gregory Jimmy sr.Company Name: AIR ROAD EXPRESS LTD.Address: Unit 8 North Leith SandsEdinburgh EH6 4ER.Tel: +44-704-572-7609Fax: +44-8447741522Email Address: racecuriss(at)hotmail.com  Finally, make sure that you reconfirm your Postal address and Direct telephone number to them again to avoid any mistake on the Delivery andask them to give you the tracking number to enable you track yourpackage over there and know when it will get to your address. Let me repeatagain,try to contact them as soon as you receive this mail to avoid anyfurther delay and remember to pay them their Security Keeping fee of$185.00 for their immediate action. You should also let me know through email as soon as you receive your Draft. Yours Faithfully,Mrs. Edith M. Turner
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:13:15 AM by tuftedduck »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 06:15:21 AM »

Hi grant15 and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the heads up on this scam.

I have amended your post slightly to"deactivate" the included email addy......don't want any members clicking on a live link by accident.  :)

SHELTY

• Just arrived
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 10:29:23 PM »

.....Wondering anybody ever tried these dodgy numbers, for the heck of it.

Cheers,

AdrianH

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »

.....Wondering anybody ever tried these dodgy numbers, for the heck of it.

Cheers,

Oh yeah!

You all missed out, I am now a multi-multi billionaire, have a life time supply of little blue pills, my inadequate bits are now extra long (not sure the breast implants were a good idea though), my teeth cause snow blindness and I can attract any woman I want just by "looking" at them.

More amazing still are the number of relatives I have discovered, even the dead ones, especially those that run countries I had never heard of.

I do get some sleep now I have moved house and got a new phone number, 1+1 asked me to stop using their email service as the spam filter for my inbox melted down and BT say I can pay off the phone bill in easy stages .................. ;D

anything