Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DGTeam firmware: scripts, how to ?  (Read 20227 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DGTeam firmware: scripts, how to ?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 10:53:31 AM »

There *is* a problem with the DGTeam site, if you try to download firmware using the links which flash "New" by the side (such as for the DG834Gv1-v2, as Bert75 would probably have done) then it results in a page showing "error!". I've heard that if you have an existing login to the site this doesn't happen but, as I don't have such a login (and new ones appear unavailable) I'm unable to check that.

You could be right. I do have an existing forum login, and I can download any DGTeam files, new or otherwise.
  Eric

techno

• Just arrived
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »

There *is* a problem with the DGTeam site, if you try to download firmware using the links which flash "New" by the side (such as for the DG834Gv1-v2, as Bert75 would probably have done) then it results in a page showing "error!". I've heard that if you have an existing login to the site this doesn't happen but, as I don't have such a login (and new ones appear unavailable) I'm unable to check that.

You could be right. I do have an existing forum login, and I can download any DGTeam files, new or otherwise.

@roseway
I have bust my butt straight down the middle trying to get the latest DGTeam firmware for my old Netgear DG834G v2. I'm trying to get PPPoE Pass-through to work which should be in DGTeam v1018.

The DGTeam website is borked because only some people can download the 'New' firmwares. Can you please get the v1018 firmware for the Dg834G v2 and host itsomewhere? I have tried everything but can't get onto that download page.

Thanks for helping so much.
Neil.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »

Eric

techno

• Just arrived
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 03:59:23 PM »

The link works a charm, thank you.

I will flash as soon as it DLs and see if there is new life breathed into the tired old DG834 workhorse.

Edit: OK that looked like everything worked but it bricked the DG834. And the Netgear Recovery Utility doesn't work on Windows 7 or it can't recover the router.

I can't get the admin page on 192.168.0.1 and the front panel Power and Check LEDs are flashing.

When I ping 192.168.0.1 I get 'Request timed out'

When I ping 192.168.1.1 I get 'Destination host unreachable'

What can I try now?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:34:23 PM by techno »

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »

And the Netgear Recovery Utility doesn't work on Windows 7 or it can't recover the router.

Correct you have to use XP but I did read some have done it with VISTA but I followed the instructions and it never worked for me.

What router have you got?

EDIT:

Version 2 I guess.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:59:06 PM by BritBrat »

techno

• Just arrived
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 08:22:28 PM »

Yup I've got the DG834G v2.

All progress I can get is Power light, LAN port light green..... no ping access, no web page on 192.168.0.1, no DHCP, no internet, no Factory reset, no Recovery wizard access.

I'll install a Win XP partition to see if the Recovery Wizard works from there.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »

XP is definitely the way to go.
I reflashed an ex-Sky DG834GT the other day for someone and just for a laugh tried in Vista first.
No luck at all, but XP (dual-boot on the same system) worked fine.

Just be careful adding XP if the system is already running Vista or 7, you can easily mess up the boot into them.
Best done on a separate system (or swap the hard disk).

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »

You do have to put it into the recovery mode where the two top lights are flashing.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/skyDG834GT_flash.htm

To do that pull the power lead out of the router and with a pen or paper clip press and hold the reset button in while putting the power lead back in the router.

When dual booting a machine you always had to put the oldest version on first but things may have changed.

win95 - win98 - xp - vista - windows7

I wonder if you could install a light version of XP on a bootable flash drive, I may look into that as it could be handy.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:04:06 AM by BritBrat »

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »

When dual booting a machine you always had to put the oldest version on first but things may have changed.

win95 - win98 - xp - vista - windows7
That's the way I know works.  ;)

techno

• Just arrived
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »

@Brit, I missed your post in my haste to get going with the WinXP install and recovery and it cost me a full day and night to finally fix my boot sector and recover the router. FREEK.

I reflashed the DGTeam v1022 firmware, looks like it is doing a good reflash but then got the same unresponsive result. Maybe I should try another language, just to see if it works.

I have noticed that the DGTeam fw is based on Firmware Version 3.01.31 and I was recovering to stock Firmware Version 3.01.32. I'm going to recover to Firmware Version 3.01.29 and then try the DGTeam upgrade???? Who knows it might work  :no:

Edit: No luck, still have a dead router. I think I need another DGTeam firmware. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:47:23 PM by techno »

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 04:51:05 PM »

IIRC the most recent Netgear update was a minor fix for a problem that didn't afflict DGTeam anyway.
So don't worry too much about the versions.

Most of the comments I saw about problems installing 1022 related to its large size and suggestions that the web interface was less good at dealing with this than the recovery utility or a Linux-based process that I don't recall details of.

techno

• Just arrived
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »

Thanks HPsauce, I'll try a flashing from the recovery utility. The German language flash didn't work either.

Edit: Flashing with the recovery utility seems to work fine, erasing EEprom, Writing firmware, Verifying EEprom all complete sucessfully. Then no access to router, no ping, no web page.

Power LED is on, LAN LED flickers with traffic and goes off if I disable PC LAN connection. All should be good???

I am starting to get demoralised.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:20:19 PM by techno »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »

Did you reboot the PC after flashing the router? You might need to refresh the DHCP lease.
  Eric

techno

• Just arrived
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »

Yup tried the PC reboot and disable / enable the LAN connection to try DHCP again.

Have just redownloaded the 1022 file to try again.

Does anyone know where I can get a DG834Gv2 DGTeam v1018 firmware??

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 09:12:45 PM »

I am not sure there was one, the only one I have is:
DG834V2_V3.01.31_DGTeam_0849.zip

http://dgteam.ilbello.com/

Did you reboot the router and done a factory reset?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:21:59 PM by BritBrat »
Pages: 1 [2] 3