Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Monday Mutterings 18th.  (Read 1529 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Monday Mutterings 18th.
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:42 AM »

Good morning..........are you all well and fighting fit ? Good !  ;D

Rainy earlier on but brightening up a little now. Cold north-west wind which is slowly veering north....they are forecasting snow for later in the week.. :swoon:

Pottering about is my limit today.

Have fun.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Monday Mutterings 18th.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:32:33 AM »

Good morning TD/all. :)

Fighting fit........ :no:

I had a terrible nights sleep with awful pain in my legs.Not too bad now I'm a bit mobile,but feeling very tired.Those strong painkillers I take do their job,but make you feel very tired.

Anyway enough of my aches and pains,are we ready for the week ahead,the much colder week by all accounts..

Not much planned today apart from looking on the internet for kiddies Christmas presents.I know its only October but you have to move fast in the world of toys.  ;D

A big crane is on the cards for Caden,he's 4 in January.Dreading the day when he is in to X Boxes and the like.

Little Megan is 2 next month and Peppa Pig is here thing at present....Don't dare ask who Peppa Pig is,I'm not sure myself.  :D

Have a good day all  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »

Fancy not knowing who Peppa Pig is Unky - shame on you  ;)  - keep up with the research.  I agree, it is sometimes quite difficult keeping up with the trends isn't it.  As for cranes - one of ours saw a wooden one by a company called Pintoy  see http://www.whywoodworks.co.uk/featured-home-page-products/pintoy-crane-by-john-crane.html  not too bad at £32.  Then I looked at a ride on little trike for Imogen - £60!!!  :swoon:  Christmas isn't cheap any more.  Might have to second mortgage Maisie.

Sunny but cold day here today - a brisk walk over the fields first thing - I am glowing now.

Enjoy your week everyone.

Colin

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 11:25:11 AM »

A late good morning to all,
had problems with the internet this morning, it must have been a glitch with the isp (O2) because it's all cleared up now and I'm back on.
Gone are the days when the grand kids get Christmas presents, they have all got well into the games consoles and stuff. Well out of the range of my pocket. It's no good buying anything because it would be the wrong thing anyway. They have grown up you see. That makes me feel  :oldman:
I also had a very poor night last night, I noticed the temperature overnight was above 10 degrees which is quite mild. Trouble is the daytime temperatures are not much above that.

Peppa Pig why yes, I don't have a clue either.  ;D

On with the washing now.
Have a nice day everybody.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 03:19:28 PM »

Allo ' Allo   Gentlemen  .....   In time to at least say good afternoon   :)     A busy morning for me;  I decided to change over the summer/winter wardrobes   ::) what a job   !!   most of the 'flimsies' are put away, although I've kept one or two back just in case .   We have a much cooler 17° now   ...and we really feel the dramatic  10° drop  from a few days ago   :o  it tends to do that here,  zooms down and then  before we know it , zooms up again.   So some  the winter stock needed to be refreshed all  washed and dried now  ..... the pressing can wait   ;D   then  ....  I decided to nip for a little stock up  .....  put some petrol (well not not petrol, gasoil)  in the car  .... I'd be in real trouble if I put petrol in our vehicles   :D   .....there's no immediate shortage here but just wanted enough for any emergency   ......we have a lovely route  over the vineyards  to our nearest  supermarket, overlooking the valley down to the estuary, the leaves on the vineyards are beginning to take on their autumn colours, the whirring of the tractors and the busy, busy hive of industry with the last of the harvest taking place   ..... lovely !

Threatening snow TD    :o :silly: ....and talk of Christmas  :o :o :silly:  (I don't know which is worse  :D )   The only thing I know about Peppa Pig is that Andy Hamilton (News Quiz) is one of the voices   ...and I only know that because he mentioned it the other week    .........

I hope all the aching limbs clear up soon  :(   take care  ......     I'm going  to plant my new perennial Plumbago ( my brother bought it for me whilst he was here  :) )  it's a beautiful shade of blue  ....

Have a good evening everyone  :)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:26:59 PM »

Hi
quote  We have a much cooler 17° now Oh still like August in Britain :lol:

Regards Jeff
zen user

anything