Broadband Related > ISPs

Tiscali moved to ADSL2+

(1/4) > >>

jid:
Hi all,

As of Friday I have now fully moved to TalkTalk it seems.

Phone has had caller display for a while and Friday the connection resynced with ADSL2+ :D

Posted some stats for you to take a look at, seems some form of DLM is running at the moment as well and there is a cap of 8191kbps i'd say.

Regards

Jamie

[attachment deleted by admin]

GunJack:
Nice one !!

I still can't get any idea of timescales for my exchange's shift over to the TT kit....so still contemplating paying £40 for another line to be connected so I can go with sky, who've recently LLU'd my exchange, for ADSL2+ immediately..

must say, the bit-loading looks good over 1000kHz, does DMT auto-scale for that, or it it a manual setting ??

jid:
I have noticed they Run DLM on the line though.

I've just gone as it seems from a 9dB SNR Target down to a 6dB. 11001kbps Downstream Sync!! Impressive!

I also had no idea of the timetable but the phone service seemed to go over first as the 1471 voice had changed, broadband didn't change for around a week to a fortnight.

GunJack:
Well....they must have been having a spate of doing exchanges recently....

as of 05:30 this morning, I find that I've been switched over also :)
However, not got the increase I was hoping for...in fact, virtually no difference from adslmax :(

Am going to have to have a play round with it to see if I ca nget the extra 1-1.5 meg I was hoping for. One thing that concerns me, though, it the bitloading graph...it is very light top-end. My parents are on the same exchange but a longer line, and when I saw this characteristic on ther line, I thought it was just down to the longer line, now I'm not so sure. Is it possible that TT have restricted the higher tones on the DSLAM/MSAN ???? Or possibly my router (they have the same) doesn't like 2+ even though it's a 2+ router ??

Any ideas anyone ??

p.s. I use a D-link DSL2640B, as it suited my line best. Just tried with a 834GT and the bitloading is the same, so unless the 6348 bcm chipset doesn't like 2+, or it's TT's implementation on the line :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

waltergmw:
Hi Gunjack,

Remember "longer line" is BT speak for total line characteristics including higher frequency losses which could include higher aluminium alloy impedance etc. etc.
If I remember correctly Kitz does say that ADSL2+ can produce poorer performance on "longer lines".

Kind regards,
Walter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version