Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tuesday 14th Tweetings  (Read 1387 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Tuesday 14th Tweetings
« on: September 14, 2010, 06:37:59 AM »

Morning all,

4 hours (ish) sleep, going backwards here as I was getting about 6...perhaps it's just a glitch.  Feel a rant coming on about our local NHS, cut backs mean that I can't get the treatment I need, they seem to be shutting up shop!! Guess it's like it everywhere though.  This lot mucked up in the first place and left me needing more treatment, now I'm feeling ill because I'm not getting it and they aren't doing anything anytime soon.... :( good old NHS - well it would be if not run as a business!! Rant over....ignore me....

What are you all up to today?  Hope it will be a good one for you and if you're trundling, pottering or having a party....enjoy  ;D ;D ;D

Take care and keep smiling just like wot I am but mine's thru gritted teeth  :lol:

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Tuesday 14th Tweetings
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:38:14 AM »

Good morning chrissie, and all who may call round.  ;D

Chrissie, that is a disgraceful situation you are in...you are being treated most shabbily by the dreadful NHS. Of course, as far as the mandarins in charge of that shambles of an organisation are concerned, patients or people stupid enough to become ill represent merely a nuisance, vermin to be erradicated before they clog up the NHS system and make unreasonable demands for treatment and medicines.
In short....the NHS will be happy only when there are no patients to worry about and they can get ahead spending our monies, holding their meetings, wasting resources and achieving nothing.
TD enjoys a good rant.. :D

Quite calm today...the storms have passed over and the skies are blue again so will catch up on some outdoor pottering and garden tidying......I am at the stage now where I am wishing that the garden was a little smaller.. :(

Hope you all enjoy your day.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:42:02 AM »

Good Morning Chrissie, Tuftedduck and all who follow,
you have my sympathies with your poor health, it is awful and what's more it makes you feel worse than you maybe are. Sleep deprivation is also a cause of not feeling well, although these past few nights it has been awfully warm and muggy around here. I have been cat napping for about a week now. Going to bed 21:30 ish as my eyes are closing. Come midnight I'm wide awake thinking it's 06:00 or something. Doh!

Well it had a good rain overnight and found nothing on the kitchen floor so the repairs must have worked.

@  TD let nature work it's magic on your garden and keep it as a nature reserve, or put a few sheep on it for a couple of weeks.  ;D

Today is just a pottering day.

Have a good day all.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 10:05:18 AM »

'Allo 'Allo  Chrissie, TD, Colin II and all who pass by  .... :)  a lovely day here .... :sun:   (I don't feel I've done the sun icon enough justice this year  ;D so  ... :sun: :sun: :sun:   >:D )

Sorry to hear of your trials with the NHS there Chrissie; it must be so frustrating as well as distressing  :(      TD  .. are there no Scout's in your area  (or similar)  who would be glad of a  regular  "bob a job" for some gardening  ? ...  although  I suspect the 'bob' might have been inflated by now  :'(    Well done Colin, the DIY worked   .....

I have some serious gardening to do today ... long straggly dandelions to get rid of (there's no grass to cut)  sadly an olive tree will have to go   :(  When planted we hadn't thought of having a verandah erected, and now the tree is very invasive...so after long deliberation we have reluctantly decided it has to go   ... in fact,  I can gear the chain saw now !!! :o  I have hopes that it may sprout from the stump that is left and I could then keep it as a Bonsai   !  :(    (It's gone ! )      Lots of other work to do ... so I'd better get into gear  ;D

Enjoy the day everyone  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »

Good morning everybody :)

Dear me, Chrissie, I'm really sorry to hear that you're being let down by the NHS. It's awful to see how bad their services are in some places.

TD, I certainly know what you mean about the garden being too big. I have to confess to being a very reluctant gardener at the best of times, so my garden is definitely in the 'nature reserve' category. Yesterday the window cleaner asked me if my mower was broken. ;D

Colin, I'm pleased to hear that you've got a roof over your head again. :)

On the subject of tweetings, have you noticed how the birds are making up for this year's late spring by carrying on nesting very late in the year? As I look out of the window I can see three fluffy little baby goldfinches and two baby greenfinches tucking into the seeds in the feeders. They should have finished nesting several weeks ago.

Have a good day everyone. :)
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »

Hello all .

It's dull,windy and raining, so DIY  roof tiling is on hold today and I'm re-installing Linux os on our main family computer that I could not get the printing working.

@Colin No.2 how did you get on with that old laptop you was doing last week, I have a very old laptop with windows 3.1 on it and keep thinking if I could get any Linux distro working on it ,but it's only got a floppy drive and serial ports .
If you have some spare time may be you could do a item in the 'Linux' section on how to do it.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »

Hello Tickmike, you will need a cdrom drive or network support at least. You could run puppy or something like that. Windows 3.1 will have been installed from floppy and I don't know of any Linux on floppies. Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:05:07 PM by silversurfer44 »
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

anything