Internet > Web Browsing & Email

outlook express

<< < (3/3)

scottiesmum:
aaaaaaaaaaaw   you'll love it  ...think of the rest you can have when they've all gone  :)

toulouse:
As for me, I just love kids, but just like my favourite lady, one Romaany Jane Wyatt (or Poppit Price) I'm not sure that I could eat a whole one.

What any of this has got to do with Outlook Express I'm not really sure, but Hey what ya gonna do ?

tuftedduck:
Hi, toulouse.
The connection is, of course, that I keep putting the parents of these wee ones into my blocked senders list, but.............they keep sending them round..... :'(

soms:
Lo all, i have not seen such a problem with outlook express myself.

I dont use it anymore, i have full outlook which came with my PDA.

I do very much like thunderbird but am reluctant to switch due to the [apparent] absence of easy import and export functionality for backing up and importing e-mail from files. Something which is equally lacking in OE, in addition to it not having improved much in years.

havelock:
A quick FYI,

Backing up your messages in thunderbird can be done in 2 ways,

1st there is a proggy recommended by (but not developed by) Mozilla called MozBackup - Free and extremely simple to use.
or
2nd Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<WINDOWS USERNAME>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles and take a copy of the folder - AFAIK the messages are stored in mbox format files and should be able to be imported into pretty much any compatible e-mail reader. Or you can open 'em in a text editor as they're just plain text format.

Rgds

Havelock

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version