Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday Wanderings 18th.  (Read 1262 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Wednesday Wanderings 18th.
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:31 AM »

Good morning and I hope all are fighting fit and ready for the fray.  ;D

Bit grey and drizzly today and nothing special on the agenda so a bit of gentle pottering is scheduled.

Enjoy your various projects and stay well.  :)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Wednesday Wanderings 18th.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:27:35 AM »

Good morning TD and all who join in,

Enjoy your pottering TD (gentle or otherwise  :)).  Some sun showing through at the moment after a cold, grey day yesterday, no two days alike atm.

Don't ask about Currys <spit> and the fridge  >:( >:(  aarrgghh  Was collected for return last Thurs 12th due to it not being as seen in store or tinternet and that's after 3 phone calls to get them to collect.  They rang yesterday to say they were not going refund the money because they haven't rec'd it back!!! :o >:(  Well I was incensed so have sent them a swift kick up the proverbial in an email this morning.  Luckily when collected I got the guys to sign my own collection docket and they gave me theirs.....so Currys is obviously playing silly wotsits and stalling repayment.  Nice firm...didn't want to order from them but they had the only fridge that suited....well it did in store but not in real life it seems.  Talk about stressed out, this and several more things are "going on" here and it's so annoying to have to sort them out.  Anyone for tennis.... ;D :D

Well enough of my rants....hope you all have a good day and don't have too many hassles in the great scheme of things....

Toodle pip for now.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »

'Allo 'Allo     TD and Chrissie,   and anyone else who calls in   :)

:o Chrissie, what a to-do Currys are causing you.   Have you though about giving them some adverse publicity in your locality, local radio or paper  .... you could always use the pretext of wanting to warn others about confirming what they see is what they actually get, then quoting your own experience and slating Currys ....  just a thought ! :)    To quote yourself   " keep on keeping on " :flower:

Enjoy the pottering TD ...   I shall be tootling and footling myself today  ...  we have a very warm morning, but I'm delighted   (no, I really am  :D)  to say that we have some summer rain and the bushes, trees and flowers are all breathing a sigh of relief   .... I don't think it will last long and that suits me too   :D

Take care all and have a good Wednesday !  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 08:56:44 AM »

Good Morning TD, Chrissie, Scottiesmum  and all who call in.
Oh! dear Chrissie, I am afraid you will need to persist by what ever means at your disposal with Currys. They are part of the Dixon Group and have been difficult to deal with ever since joining the large group. I don't think they have been swallowed up by any other corporation yet. I'm sure they will know the are trying it on with the wrong person by the time you have finished with them. Still, a customer should not have to go through all the song and dance routine just to return goods and the like. Best of luck.

I'm off out gathering repeat medications this morning. Visiting B&Q as well, just to keep my parking place in reserve. :)

Everybody! Have a great day tootling, pottering or whatever else you may do.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »

Good morning all

Dull and grey here with rain forecast  :rain:

Sorry about your Curry's woes Chrissie,imo a company with terrible customer service. >:(

Have a nice trip to B&Q Colin,I'm sure they will have the kettle on for you. ;D

I am waiting for a bit of settled weather so we can put up the new tent to check it over.We would really like to do this before we go away on the 12 th Sept,so  :fingers: for a dry spell

Enjoy your day whatever you have planned.  :)

ps.......Sue says thank you for all your kind birthday wishes.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 09:54:52 AM »

Good morning all :)

Currys - aaaaggghhh!!! I wouldn't touch them with the proverbial bargepole. Sorry to hear about your problem with them Chrissie, but I'm afraid that the only solution is to keep kicking. If it goes on much longer, a call to Trading Standards might make you feel a bit better.

After a few damp grey days it's quite nice and sunny today, so I'll be out enjoying it while it lasts.

Have a good day everyone. :)
  Eric