Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday Frolics 2nd July  (Read 1748 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Friday Frolics 2nd July
« on: July 02, 2010, 08:07:45 AM »

Good morning, and I hope I find all well.  ;D

Nice and sunny today, warm and very pleasant.
Yesterday's rain has passed over on it's way to the east.........unfortunately, so little fell that it did the ground no good at all...a week of good steady stuff is what's needed.

Pottering today.

Have fun.  :)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Friday Frolics 2nd July
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:15:41 AM »

Morning TD and all who follow,

I'm up for some Friday frolics then  :lol: well the mind is willing ha ha.  No rain here and it looks set to be warm today, though yesterday was supposed to be scorching but the breeze cooled it down it was nice.  It's sorting and clearing the understairs closet today (oh joy)....see the excitment I have and on a Friday too lol.

Hope everyone has a good day, enjoy your pottering TD, one day I might get some in too  ;D

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:23:12 AM »

Good Morning TD, the smell of fresh rain on the vegetation is quite invigorating. It won't last long though as the sun is already shining and looks like another hot day. All the same it sounds like we had more rain than we need and you didn't have enough. Unfortunately water runs downhill so ours will not make its way up to you.
Back to the inside DIY today as my back is much better and I'm fed up of seeing the half done job. I'll be taking it slowly and plenty of rest as I do not want to put the back out again. No Sir.

Good Morning Chrissie, you posted as I was typing. Either you have put your actress voice on or you are feeling much better today. Whichever it is long may it reign. Enjoy the frolicking, even in the mind it can be invigorating, or so I've been told.

Everybody enjoy whatever you do today.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:35:52 AM »

I just had to pop in to see what all this frolicking is about   :lol:   What have you lot been doing while I have been away?  I thought the assembled kitizen crowd rootled, tootled and footled.

Sue and I are looking forward to the weekend - the 5 grandchildren who are living with us now (long story, and still sub-judice) are going away for the weekend with their dad (who also lives with us) and our house will hopefully be quiet.  We love 'em to bits, but a bit of peace and quiet now and then is absolute luxury.

The weather here is a little showery but promises to brighten up for the weekend, so I think mowing the grass (that hasn't been touched for over a month) might just be in order, followed by iced medicine.  Then a walk over the fields with Maisie in the evening when it has cooled down a little.  Naturally, she always loves to go to The Tudor Arms and buys Sue and I a pub meal.

Enjoy yourselves!

Colin and Maisie.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:42:29 AM »

from chez nous , Ladies Gentlemen and Maisie !    phew  ....    it's a slightly less hot start here   .... 21° overnight !  and the promise of thunderstorms loom until Sunday when it all starts again   :flamer:    but it's lovely  ;D

I've been frolicking with the vacuum cleaner and floors mops since early morn   ... now having recovered  :D I need to do a couple of errands   .... then back for the heat, and of course the tennis  ...   Andrew Murray in the semi final with  Rafael  Nadal, should be a good match and I would so like  Andrew Murray to get through to the final, though I'm torn because I like 'Raffers ' as well  ;D   

Our friends flew back to the UK yesterday, exhausted by the heat, but I gather that they won't have to put up with it in the north west !!  A very pleasant few days was had by all.    I've been seeing jobs half done for a while now Colin ....  mainly half done by me, because with visitors insisting on being here  :D I can't get things done......   I now have 10 days to catch up before a girl friend of mine is over for a week  ...   so lots of girly lunchy shoppy days ahead   :dance: :D     Hubby says it's a two sided coin,  we go out so he has  very quiet periods, then we come back and chat, chat, chat,   his head spins   ....   keeps him young   >:D

have a good time, tootling, footling, rootling and pottering  .. or perhap pootling    :D  and take care all !   :)

torqpoc

• Reg Member
  • I loved the 80s!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 10:37:32 AM »

Aloha folks, ladies and gentlemen!

A wet start to the day with a very early 8:01 call from the BTOpenreach engineer. I've been watching the drizzle green up the lawn with joy and awaiting the inevitable news about my flaky BT line. Plied the engineer with coffee, homemade cake and sat back to watch him work.

Other than this a rather uneventful day until this evening when I have to drive the love of my life to the airport for a family visit back to Germany. I will miss her this weekend.. :'(

I am debating taking a quick drive down to Brighton to see old friends this weekend, if the weather holds out and if my phone line isn't being butchered  :lol:

Be very well one and all!

Cheers,
T

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 11:48:33 AM »

A slightly belated good morning all :)

It's another hot dry day here, and more of the same to come, although there might be a heavy shower tonight. We could certainly do with it!

I spent part of yesterday building a shed, which is the sort of DIY I enjoy although it was a bit hot for it. I'm glad to report that the result stands straight and doesn't wobble anywhere. ;D  Later I'll be adding a bench and some shelving.

Today I'm just footling and tootling and giving my sore toe a rest. :)

Have a good day everyone.
  Eric