Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A pinch and a.....1st July chatter  (Read 1861 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
A pinch and a.....1st July chatter
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:52:27 AM »

Morning all,

As TD said yesterday, where did June go to?  Think I must have blinked or summat  :D  Well the sun is shining here darn sarf and we're told temperatures of 29 degrees should be coming our way  :(  Shame when we need the rain, everywhere is parched which is a shame.  I see the experts say that it's been the lowest rainfall for the first half of the year for some time now  :o  I wouldn't have said that really with the amount we had here some months back and that was very unusual for these 'ere parts...oh well, they should know.

I hope everyone has a good day whether they are working, trundling and pottering or just plain doing what they fancy.....take care though whatever it is you're at.

Bye for now
Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: A pinch and a.....1st July chatter
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 07:12:57 AM »

Good morning, Chrissie, and all who may pop in, and I trust all are well.  ;D

Not only has June disappeared, but we seem to have lost summer as well.....heavy, low cloud..heavy rain..windy....but still very warm.
Still, we need a bit or rain, everything is so parched.......and this wee bitty low pressure is forecast to whizz past us by the afternoon..

Nothing fancy on the agenda, pottering is the order of the day.

Enjoy yourselves.  :)

torqpoc

• Reg Member
  • I loved the 80s!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:25:02 AM »

Good morning both, and any who pop in.

Greyish start to the day here, i'm not sure what the predictions are for today.. hopefully not too warm, the plants need some respite.

Day of work and perhaps some relaxing later for me, may pop to the doctors to have my BPPV checked out later.

All the best one and all =)

Cheers,
T

P.S. You guys need more hints on the "where the heck am I" thread?

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:32:03 AM »

Good Morning Chrissie, Tuftedduck & Torqpoc.
I have a little weather station that records the minimum and maximum temperatures over the day and I have kept a record of every day of the year. Last night was the warmest recorded for the whole year so far.
The forecasters have forecast a hot day with rain later on. The rain will be welcome on the garden although the greenery, apart from the grass is well, ahem, green.

@Chrissie, unless I'm reading your post wrongly, you seem a little despondent. I hope all is well with you.

@TD, you must be welcoming the rain, albeit a brief respite from the tinder dry conditions you described last month.

@Torqpoc, I'm still scratching my head on that one. I think you must have the same AA map that TD has. His also has some places that no-one else knows about.  :D

Listen to me saying last month to June.  :o

That's all from me so everyone, have a good day and enjoy whatever you may get upto.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »

8) 8)    'Allo 'Allo    ... from a stiflingly HOT chez nous   ... forecast for +36° today    ...  it's 26°  at the moment   .....   so all the jobs are done and dusted  .....  a very quiet afternoon planned !  I can stand it up to about 32°   ...  but after that phew !   

I hope you all cope with your respective weather conditions  ;D

'T'   ....  you've made my clues look easy peasy  ..... everyone will look forward to them now  ......  thank you    :lol: :lol:  ....    will nip and have another look and another think   :'(

Enjoy Thursday    ......   it is Thursday isn't it   ??    :D

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:41:57 AM »

Good Morning Chrissie, Tuftedduck & Torqpoc.
I have a little weather station that records the minimum and maximum temperatures over the day and I have kept a record of every day of the year. Last night was the warmest recorded for the whole year so far.
The forecasters have forecast a hot day with rain later on. The rain will be welcome on the garden although the greenery, apart from the grass is well, ahem, green.

@Chrissie, unless I'm reading your post wrongly, you seem a little despondent. I hope all is well with you.

@TD, you must be welcoming the rain, albeit a brief respite from the tinder dry conditions you described last month.

@Torqpoc, I'm still scratching my head on that one. I think you must have the same AA map that TD has. His also has some places that no-one else knows about.  :D

Listen to me saying last month to June.  :o

That's all from me so everyone, have a good day and enjoy whatever you may get upto.

Hi Colin 2.  do you have radar or summat LOL.....very astute to pick up on things even though I try not to be despondent I guess it gets through at times...hmph.  Just the old health probs playing up and with no one able to do anything about it so they tell me and very little sleep on top...guess I do get "down" at times.  Hope it won't show through again lolol....I shall have to put my actress hat on ;D  Thanks for your concern anyway, it's very kind of you.

Hi to all who popped on after me this morning....hope you have a good day whatever your weather gives you.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »

Chrissie, I'm sure the folks on here will not mind offering words of consolation when you are a bit down. I know we cannot do much about these things except understand how things are sometimes. I don't know why I picked up on the hidden message in your writings, but I just had a feeling. Look after yourself, don't try and get more sleep it keeps you awake thinking about it. Sleep will come when your mind is settled about whatever you are worrying about.

All the best.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »

:hug: :flower: Chrissie  ....

take care  :)