Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BTWholesale - Are all ISPs equal?  (Read 6240 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: BTWholesale - Are all ISPs equal?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »

When I first went over to  BTW Max Premium (=Demon Business 2000 as opposed to Demon HomeOffice 8000) a few yrs back, I had to moan and moan and then growl at Demon to get them to get BTW to fix it and put it back to fast+dangerous = 6dB instead of 9, and in the end had to get all pompous and quote the BTW blurb at them. :-)

But I got it sorted out in the end, ended up with Max Premium 6dB and full speed restored, and am living happily ever after with 2Mb/s instead of 1.5. But if your line is very short then you possibly don't need to care anyway.

If you get nowhere, then there are good (=clued-up) ISPs out there who will do the right thing for you, and I'm not going to plug them now. :-)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »

I remember trying it a while back (short free trial when I was with PlusNet) and in the end, despite the double upload and priority download, it wasn't worth the extra monthly charge.
What I don't remember is any change in the target noise margin from 6dB to 9dB.

torqpoc

• Reg Member
  • I loved the 80s!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »

Hi,
Just had a great conversation with a guy at UKOnline, truly shocking how they all differ in their "customer service". Anyway, basically he said that this has already been raised with BTW and Easynet and they have said nothing can be done.

IPStream Max Premium is not something they purchased with BTW.

Ah well, worth a try.

Cheers for all the assistance, advice and recommendations guy/girls, much appreciated as ever.

Regards,
T
Pages: 1 [2]