Author Topic: Mieow  (Read 3014 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Mieow
« on: October 20, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »

Trying to not to get excited atm..  but thought I's share a pic of a little fellow.

My daughter is getting her own place this week and is taking Bubs with her.
Its taken me a long time to even think about a replacement.. as there will never ever be another Chazcat. :'(
But...  after lots of research Ive decided that a Birman is the type of kitty I want if I did get another.  They have similar temperaments to the Chinchillas, but they are only semi-long hairs and dont have the double undercoat which makes persians such hard work.

I was going to go for a seal-point.. and that's what line I had been looking at..  but there's just something about this one who is a grey tabby point that is tugging at me.
Unfortunately though its not local.. so Im off out for the day on Thurs to view him and his parents and owners before making any decisions.  I am also seeing some more seal points on Sat.. so dont expect me to make up my mind just yet... as I want to be sure Im doing the right thing.. and its also important how me and the kitty gets on in person etc.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Mieow
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »

Thats cute.  :)

Its obvious you are very much a cat lady Kitz,just like my sister who has 3 a present and has always had cats all her married life. :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »

Ive had cats since a young child and my gran first bought me 'my very own kitten' for my 8th Birthday as she believed they were good for getting children to learn some sort of responsibility and respect for others.  He came with me when I got married (teen bride) and since then Ive always had at least 2 with other various pets.

Bubs is going to live with my daughter and her partner when they get their own place on Friday.  Both Bubs & Mouse are actually my daughter's cats but I dont think its fair to take Mouse-cat even though he would probably choose my daughter over me.. as I think hes a bit too old now for a move.

I still miss chazcat as he was 'mine' and I still cant get used to him not sitting on the desk or at my feet and just simply following me around the house.  My daughter has  been nagging me for months to get another, but I didnt start to feel anywhere near ready to do so until about a month ago.  It was her nagging that made me look and it was then that I decided that if I did get another it would be a Birman and to start saving - there goes the PC desk again lol.

For comparison this is a seal point, which has the very dark brown markings

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »

Lovely little kitty.....

We had a cat for 17 years before she finally had to go to kitty heaven, some 4+ years ago now. We decided not to have another as being retired (or retarded as our eldest son says) we like our freedom for going away on the spur of the moment.

However a few months ago a little tabby adopted us, it was in a bad way and we decided to feed it, obviously had been abandoned for ages. That was a very bad decision as things have turned out. I quite (naively it has turned out) thought I'd be able to get someone to come and trap it (she is too timid to get near even now after some 3+ months) get her sorted by a vet and re-homed. Well as you must guess by now that has been impossible. All the local cat charities are snowed under and refused to help, one lady from one charity came round marched inot our house without asking and told us we should put a cat flap in the greenhouse and keep it, she would provide food but could do no more. I tried the RSPCA but because we fed this cat and basically saved its life they dont want to know, I was as good as told that we should stop feeding it and when it was suffering again they would come out and get it.

My advice to anyone who finds themselves in the same position is to do nothing and call the RSPCA first off, if you save its life you will end up having to look after it like it or not.
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 05:23:49 PM »

Aww thats awful that you have found yourself in that position...  like you I dont think I could just abandon it either.
It seems like a big cop out by the animal charities, playing on the fact that someone else will feed it.  Surely it would be in their interests to trap it for neutering in order to prevent unwanted kitties.    >:(
-----

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »

A new wee kitten.... :)

For matters relating to stray/ill treated cats, I have found the Cats Protection League to be a better bet than the RSPCA.
Around here, they do turn up on a regular basis to feed, treat and neuter the animals...if they can catch them.  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »

Went kitty shopping yesterday.

Long day - as unfortunately we were just a couple of mins behind a serious accident on the M6 that occurred at about 7pm. 
By 9.30 we still hadnt moved an inch.  The police had closed off the  motorway and redirected traffic elsewhere, but anyone stuck directly behind the accident heading southbound was snookered. 
It wasnt until about midnight that the police closed off the northbound section of the motorway to allow the southbound stuck traffic across the central reservation that things began to start to move.  Apparently it took until about 6am before it all cleared!

One thing that I would comment on is despite being stuck and it being very frustrating... how the 'british spirit' came out.   There were people out on the motorway chatting - some people walked to the nearest service station and brought back sacks of food.  Some people were playing football, others were helping people push others cars out of the way which had run out of petrol/broke down.  It was weird walking around on the M6 but there was a kinda party like spirit going on making the best of things.

We were originally sat in the outside lane next to a lorry in the middle lane - and once he had ran out of 'tacco-time' everyone did a shuffle so he could get the lorry on to the hardshoulder to get to the service station (which wasnt that much further up) to park up. 

This then made an opening so that those of us stuck in the outside lane could also get to the service station  (Desperately in need of loo after > 6 hours by this time!!!).
I wont say what we did, but we actually did a wee bit of a naughty and managed to get off the motorway with assistance of some truck drivers who couldnt do what a few cars were able to. 
Despite it now being really late the lady whose kitty we were going to see.. (and was about 35mins away from the accident) insisted we still came, telling us she'd put the the kettle on ready.

It was just gone 3.30am by the time we eventually got home..  I'd done 350+ miles...  been driving (or sat on the M6 most of the day).  heh it was a good trip out for my car which hadnt gone any further than taking dad to the hospital before..   and its now very dirty and muddy after doing some 'back road' driving to escape the jam.

Too tired yet to make a final decision on the kitty - but it mostly depends on a phone call on Sunday anyhow.

----------------

I'm now absolutely shattered..  my daughter and her partner got their new flat today.. and I had a grand total of 3.5 hours sleep last night before having to get up to pick my daughter up to take her to the estate agents for the keys &  to help move in.   - Congrats to them on their new home together    :hug: xxx

-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 10:34:26 PM »

PS...   Actually I think Im off to bed...  armed with paracetamol for a banging headache and stiff back.

I was going to try and look at the forum... or look at the 74 emails that came in yesterday/today that arent spam... but Im just way too tired and unfortunately they will have to wait.
-----

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 08:37:35 AM »

Oh dear, what a dreadful journey.

I hope you managed to have a good nights sleep, and are feeling refreshed again.

My best wishes to Oh Snap & partner on their new home.

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 01:43:54 AM »

Thanks guys. It's been stressfull, expensive, and tiring, but it's more than worth it :)

& Thank you so much Ma for helping us so much. Love you <3
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.