Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday 14th. chat  (Read 3163 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Wednesday 14th. chat
« on: October 14, 2009, 08:39:39 AM »

Good morning  ;D

Hope all are well on this very pleasant and mild autumn day.

Pottering and fiddling around today....nothing special to be done.

Have a good day.  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: Wednesday 14th. chat
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:51:49 AM »

Reporting for duty.  Sunny day here with a promise of a good day.  Just waiting for Maisie to invite me to lunch, but she is busy chasing squirrels in the garden at the moment.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »

Good morning all.  :)

Quite dull here today after a little overnight rain.

Just waiting for Maisie to invite me to lunch, but she is busy chasing squirrels in the garden at the moment.

Blue has the same idea about next doors kitten(well his brain does,but his legs don't ) :)

If anyone is not sure what to get me for Christmas,well there is this.

http://www.jacobsdigital.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=66320

Have a nice day whatever you are doing. :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »

Morning all :)

>>> If anyone is not sure what to get me for Christmas,well there is this.

I was going to get it for you, but it's out of stock, and I've spent the money on myself now. :angel:

I collected a couple of pounds of sloes yesterday during my ramble, so I'll be making the sloe gin in the next day or so. I won't be repeating last year's Christmas offer of a thimbleful because one person who shall be nameless tried to get away with an excessively large thimble. :o

Have a good day. :)
  Eric

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »

Morning all,

Overcast here and colder than it has been....our Indian Summer has now gorn back to India I guess!

Eric, at least you tried re Uncy's Xmas present, tis the thought that counts....hope you bought summat nice for yourself with the money  :D

Have a good day everyone whatever you're doing.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 04:47:40 PM »

A friend of mine has broken her leg in 2 places this weekend. So as her legs in plaster shes living in just the downstairs of her house. Took her out for a test drive of the wheel chair last night. It's going to be 6 weeks before the plaster can come off.

And now she's in for her regular appointment to the hospital for the botox injections to her other leg   :ouch: poor thing.

She was asking me how many time have I needed a plaster, so far I havn't broken anything to my knowlege. Including the time years ago where I was on a faulty latter in a loft, which I went through, through the floor down the next stairs and out through the front door.

She managed to reel a list of breaks (ok many were due to a big car accident). Makes me wonder how much calcium does she get in her diet  :hmm:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »

She was asking me how many time have I needed a plaster, so far I havn't broken anything to my knowlege.

Well meet a plaster cast expert.... ;D

9 months in a full leg cast with stainless steel pins through my knee and ankle(2 years off work altogether)
Broken arm.
Broken ankle
Fractured shoulder.
Infected achilles tendon which resulted  in a plaster cast for a few weeks

My leg was badly broken,but when you spend time at the fracture clinic you see some horrific cases and somehow your own doesn't seem as bad.  :no:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 06:34:37 PM »

not all at the same time  :o

eitherway quite a list.

Just cleaning my self up after work and poping round to make sure she's ok. She dosn'tneed anything from the shops that she'll let on to. Got her some fruits, snak food for some one who'sgoing to be seditary for 6 weeks

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 06:39:07 PM »

not all at the same time

No,
The leg,arm and shoulder were at the same time though....oh and my thumb was dislocated as well at the same time.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »

Was that after a fall from a motorbile Unky?  Sounds like it.   :-\

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 12:35:42 AM »

sounds nasty unc' how on earth did you do it ?

I had to ask my friend more details about her injections today. Its making me skerm and wince even now. Particuarly the one through the sole in her foot  :no:

Otherwise she insisted I write something on her cast, sorry- in joke  :lol: :lol: her mums birthday tomorrow. Should raise quite a laugh  :lol:. Especialy where I wrote it; I can imagine her waking to have those words glearing at her  :lol: "what the....Oh yeah"  :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 07:21:44 AM »

Was that after a fall from a motorbile Unky?  Sounds like it

It was a drunk driver mounting the pavement one night.Me and my ex wife had just got off the bus from a night out in town(about 11.45 pm) when a car came over the brow of the hill and then slid sideways into us.
We were just waiting for the bus to pull away before we crossed the road.
All I remember is trying to move out of the way,the next thing I was on my back looking up at the bus doors.I new my leg was broken,but not much else.
At first I thought my wife was ok,but when the fire sevices came(the car was wedged between the bus and a garden wall and leaking petrol) someone shouted,"there's someone in this garden".
The impact had knocked my wife in the air and through the privet hedge into a garden.
She had a broken leg,fractured pelvis and bruising all.Her leg was a straight break,but my was a compound fracture and quite complicated.We both spent 2 weeks in hospital and then 6 months at my mum's.
I often wonder how lucky we both were to be alive that night,and we were kept on this earth for some purpose.
There was one other person got off the bus with us that night,he just a a couple of cuts and some bruising.

The driver was over the limit and was Fined £100 and banned for a year(the date was 1st December 1978

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 07:49:10 AM »

>> the date was 1st December 1978

I bet that date is etched into your memory. :(
  Eric

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 08:15:14 AM »

Ooooh, nasty - and the punishment of the driver certainly didn't fit the crime - not fair is it?

As you say, you were destined to remain on this earth for a good purpose.

Colin

anything