Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Non active BT line interfiering with sync?  (Read 1854 times)

djnield

Non active BT line interfiering with sync?
« on: November 01, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »

Where the main BT line enters my property from outside it comes into a jucnction box. From there a cable runs into my flat to my master socket. But also in this junction box is an old non active line leading to another flat. These 2 lines are crimped to the main BT cable so....

Can this old line, even though non active, intefere with my ADSL not achieving the optimal sync?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Non active BT line interfiering with sync?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »

Very unlikely, I would have thought.
  Eric

djnield

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »

To be honest I wasn't betting my life on it but this was the last of my internal wiring checks that I've exhausted. I'm convinced now everything in my flat, wiring wise, is the best it can be.

Anything else affecting my sync must be out of my control now i.e. all external factors.

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »

@ Eric,

I agree that this situation is quite different from one I was dealing with earlier this year.

You may remember that the line had been cut loose from the house chimney but had been left dangling vertically from another building eaves and then running in parallel with a 500 W PIR lamp cable, before joining the same BT 66 box that our line was connected to. That configuration played merry hell with the ADSL signal whenever the PIR fired up.

I cured that one by reaching up from the ground as far as I could to cut the line and then spread the flat twin conductors out.

Kind regards,
Walter

anything