Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Monday 25th Oct Chat  (Read 1832 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Monday 25th Oct Chat
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:32:36 AM »

Good morning all  :)

from a nice,but sub zero Sheffield.

Are you ready for the week ahead,soon be Halloween and the Bonfire Night  :-X

Our area is already got a section 30 in place till Nov 7th(It means that police can break up gangs of youths and move them on their way or out of the area if they don't live in it)

Not much planned today apart from keeping warm and pottering indoors.

Have a nice day whatever you have planned.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Monday 25th Oct Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:58:07 AM »

Good Morning UncleUB and anyone else who pops in.
Sounds like you Sheffield is not such a nice place at night around this time of year. Actually I don't think it's just Sheffield, rather any largish city suffers from the same yobbish culture. Not being prejudice but most of the gangs seem to comprise of darker faced youths. Oh dear I've lifted my head out of the sand again.

Not much on the cards for myself today, it's the time of year when one must take care not to hibernate.  :no:

Enjoy whatever you may do today everybody.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »

Good morning all - frost and -2C here this morning.  Maisie is racing around the garden and rolling in the (frosty) grass - delousing?

In our village there are several youths who, this time of year, have to answer their community service orders.  The local magistrates are smart and insist that the orders are served between the hours of 5pm and 10pm every day between today and November 10th.  After 10pm they are on curfew and before 5pm doing their (enforced) homework or, if not at school, community service helping the elderly.  Smart eh?

Blood test today HbA1C - to see if I have been cheating on sugars.  The number of sweeties I have had to turn down over the past months - terrible!   :'(

Hope you all have a good day.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »

Good Morning UncleUB and anyone else who pops in.
Sounds like you Sheffield is not such a nice place at night around this time of year. Actually I don't think it's just Sheffield, rather any largish city suffers from the same yobbish culture.

Its not gangs from where I live,its gangs of youths that come from surrounding estates(no doubt they will have had their cards marked there)and try and cause trouble here.Usually the are dealt with pretty sharpish.

One of the problems is that our area is only separated from a rough area (the Manor estate,just Google Manor estate Sheffield and you will get the picture)by the Sheffield parkway,which is the main dual carriageway into Sheffield from the M1.

But a few years ago the powers that be decided to build an all singing,all dancing footbridge which crosses the Parkway and then via a cycle path leads to the end of our road. >:(
This is the route the youths take to go up to the shops,takeaway etc at the far end of our estate.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 09:56:47 AM »

Good morning everybody, and I hope all are well.  ;D

@ camallison ..good luck with the vampires snatching your precious blood.

I don't think there is anywhere free of thugs and louts these days.  >:(

Very cold again with a very sharp frost......indoor pottering is the order of the day.

A huge truck has appeared in the village laden down with shiny new telegraph poles and surrounded by gentlemen in yellow jackets and hard hats..wonder if they are replacing or adding new ones.. :hmm: If TD goes off line suddenly...they will have chopped down my... :(

Enjoy your day.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »

'Allo 'Allo  Gentlemen !  a lovely morning here, rain all gone, and no frost thank you  ;D    From out of nowhere I have awakened smothered in cold  :o   don't know where that has come, I don't get many but when I do  ..............  blaaaaaah   !!  ;D  so I shall be putting up with a lot of pampering   ::)  mostly from me  :D   ......    I know,   I'm a WUSS  ;D

Halloween here  isn't quite what it is over there ! I think the French are rather bemused by it although there are  lots of witches and skeleton  masks/ outfits  for children; trick or treat is not known to them, so it's all a non event in these parts......  and Bonfire Night is exclusive to the UK    ............  although I think some areas here might have preferred Bonfire Night to the disruption they've had this last couple of weeks, Lyon, Paris and Marseilles in the main  :o

Hope the blood results are good Colin I.

Enjoy your day everyone   ....  I think  I deserve a hot chocolate now ...........  now where are those marshmallows   ;D    take care !

Ooooo   nearly missed you TD   ....   watch out for those telegraph poles !

anything