Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sunday 19th  (Read 4907 times)

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
Re: Sunday 19th
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 10:49:05 AM »

I believe that if mum wanted to get her own back, she can actually request a copy of that CCTV tape, make a still, and make her own posters to post around town.

But that's just me, and I can be a vindictive little moo if someone p's me off.

Didnt know that...
Perhaps you'd like to go in and ask since its only a couple of doors away from your work..  :D

Lets name them and shame them shall we?
Home Bargains on Talbot Road by any chance?

(no, that isn't where I work...)
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:22 AM »

Just realised.
If she did go round the corner to meet him, then we will have caught him on our CCTV.

I'd also suggest making a complaint about how the store handled the theft. But go over the managers head - in my experience, for a complaint for something like this, if you complain to the manager, the complaint is likely to get 'lost'.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »

A strongly worded letter to their Company Secretary, sent recorded delivery, would certainly help.  I got similar satisfaction from Argos and also Pets at Home after similar problems - in the last case giving out receipts printed on the reverse of merchant copies of old till rolls!!!!  Imagine - they were giving out credit card numbers!!

In both cases, a carefully worded response was received but accepting full responsibility.

Your mum will know how to suitably word an official letter to the Company Secretary.

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 12:32:30 PM »

Just my 2 cents worth, but I would think a VERY strongly worded letter to Egg might also be necessary.

TTFN

toulouse
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 04:03:19 PM »

I did put something to them about the delay

This was the reply I got this morning

I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get through to us to block your account.

We try to answer calls as quickly as possible but we may have been experiencing a high volume of calls at the time you called.

I see that you've now managed to block your account.

Thanks for your message.

Regards

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 04:35:32 PM »

.. which is a pretty bland, meaningless answer ???
  Eric

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »

Yes, I was going to say that that response sounds as if they couldn't care less whether they keep your business or not.

I would be inclined to look for another card provider, but you really don't have to follow my advice.

TTFN

toulouse

P.S. Do they not have a special contact number for Lost/Stolen cards ? If so, that ought to be manned 24/7/365, didn't it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:03:18 PM by toulouse »
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

scottiesmum

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »

I think I would be totally underwhelmed with that reply too   ...     and their adverts says   'Don't get mad, get Egg'     :-X   

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 05:14:11 PM »

I see that you've now managed to block your account.

No thanks to them...........Fat Eggs >:(

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »

I have the address for their head office, as well as a phone number should you need it, Ma :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »

TBH.. I dunno if I can be bothered to take it further right now, Ive got quite a bit on atm, and although the loss of my card is an inconvenience, as far as Im concerned there is worse things that could happen... and the time to take it further would only probably wind me up more and eat into more time.  Having a rant on here helped get it out of my system for now.

I've had my moan, Im not impressed with their service & I will let them know at some point when it suits me!
I have other products with them, so moving away isn't perhaps quite so easy.  But  I was one of their very first customers when they launched back in what must be '99 when I moved house ... so  hopefully my displeasure will be recognised (or maye not) when I do start moving stuff around.

For now, the main thing now is getting a replacement card asap..  but one thing is certain... I shall be looking at getting a new card elsewhere.  
That shouldnt be too hard since I know my credit history is good.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »

update

New card arrived yesterday, which is actually pretty good taking into account that it was reported at weekend and that was the earliest it could have got here anyhow.
So although Im not happy about the delay in reporting..  credit has to be given for the prompt and efficient replacement of a new card.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 06:37:36 AM »

update

New card arrived yesterday, which is actually pretty good taking into account that it was reported at weekend and that was the earliest it could have got here anyhow.
So although Im not happy about the delay in reporting..  credit has to be given for the prompt and efficient replacement of a new card.

Thats good  Kitz,and I suppose a + mark to Egg for their quick response.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything