Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday 15th July Chat  (Read 1820 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Wednesday 15th July Chat
« on: July 15, 2009, 07:50:40 AM »

Good morning all. :)

Summer has returned.  :rain:  :(

Blue seems fine now,the only problem is the smell when opening the Chappie chicken and rice(its got 14% white fish in it as well)  :sick:

Nothing much planned today,not now its raining.  :(

Have a good day whatever you are doing.  :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:58:33 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

Re: Wednesday 14th July Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:54:59 AM »

Unc   and all   !      Unc I'm glad you've nothing planned for today because if you had you'd miss it   :lol:  (whispers .....  it's the 15th) .... blame the rain !  :D       

:sun: here, but I won't put too many, don't want to dazzle   :angel:

Girlie lunch date for me and a little shopping, although I don't think the latter will be a long process as my shoulder is still painful and I can't be bothered   ...   

Delighted that Blue is well again .... Chappie must be Portuguese  !!! they mix fish and meat in dishes   ;D   -    you'll have to borrow one of Eric's pegs   :D

Enjoy your day all   .... :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Wednesday 15th July Chat
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »

15th !!!    :-[   :lol:

Sorted.......

Re Chappie...........as BlackAdder once said......"It smells like satan's bottom"    :lol:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:00:30 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:23 AM »

:lol:  I bet he made  Badlrick eat it   :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 10:57:28 AM »

>> Summer has returned. 

Something I was pondering last night..  where has the weather gone.. we had a couple of days of glorious sunshire * and since then theres been not much good weather.

I guess I'm just a bit peeved that during the really hot spell I toiled and sweated working and doing fairly hard labour in the garden... yet come the day when I wanted to relax and enjoy it, there's not been a day when its been decent enough to sit back and enjoy what Ive done.  By the time (if) any decent weather returns the weeds will have taken charge again.

There seems to have been a huge amount of rainfall over the past week..  I'd left out some old buckets and washing up bowls, that I'd been using to move gravel & soil in..  and these were full of rain-water.
When my daughter was round the other day, she left out a bowl that she'd put some tuna in for the cats, and it was overflowing with water.. so we've had at least 3 inches of it in a couple of days.

*during which the media had a field day of how hot it was. - god are we never happy?  :-X

>> Blue seems fine now,the only problem is the smell when opening the Chappie chicken and rice(its got 14% white fish in it as well)

I'm so glad he's on the mend. :)
When chaz had poorly tummies one of the things I used to feed him as recommended by the vet was either just plain chicken.. or white fish mixed with a bit of boiled rice to bulk it out.
Scrambled eggs was another recommendation although I should imagine with a dog the size & appetite of blue you'd have to go through more than 1 or 2 eggs to fill him up :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 11:09:11 AM »

Scrambled eggs was another recommendation although I should imagine with a dog the size & appetite of blue you'd have to go through more than 1 or 2 eggs to fill him up

The vet did say give him some scrambled egg........which he is very partial. :D

Sue sometimes does him poached eggs with soldiers:o  :D (I'm not kidding).She would get rid of me me before Blue.  :D

He's been taking his tablets hidden in some lunch tongue........(That was mine.)  :'(  :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »

heh.. that seems a well fed and pampered doggie :)

At least with dogs its much easier to get them to take tablets.  Hide it in something and they will scoff it down.. 
cats  on the otherhand are a nightmare...

"sniff... hmmm something not right
 sniff ... not sure...
 sniff... dont want it.
 sniff.. hmm nice fishy/chicken smell coming from it though
 sniff..  maybe a little taste then..
 sniff..  try a tiny  bit.
 urgggggggggghh.. mieouw... yuck...  spit it out!
 hisssss.. owner is trying to poison me

Remember and store smell/taste in long term memory
 Refuse to allow anything in mouth like that again regardless of what its wrapped up in"

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »

Where's TD today    :shrug2:   .........I hope he's ok.

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 04:23:01 PM »

I was just thinking the same Unc .....  and Eric's not been in, nor Chrissie    .....     crikey  we sound like Big Brother    :lol:   just as long as they are all OK    :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »

I'm here, I've just been busy today. :)

Chrissie said that she's having her PC attended to today, so I guess that's why she hasn't been around.

But where's TD? :'(
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »

Ah  Eric !  you were listening at the keyhole   ;D      Of course Chrissie mentioned her machine  -  I forgot     ::)         I wonder if TD is taking lots of photos somewhere   .....   hopefully he'll appear soon  :)

anything