Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday 26th chat  (Read 1831 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Friday 26th chat
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:23:01 AM »

Good morning  ;D

Are you all well.............come on, wake up.......that's better..

Another lovely warm day, pottering gardenwards again but nothing particular on the agenda.

Have a good day and don't get sunburned.

Hope kitz is ok.

:)

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: Friday 26th chat
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »

After several warm days with glorious  :sun: , we now have stair-rod rain and darkness.  There is also a weather warning out for us, so battening down the hatches and doing some catch-up on indoor tasks.

Hope you all have a good day, followed by a restful weekend.

Colin

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:17:59 AM »

TD   .....               :flamer:    Need I say more  !   ;D

Have been dead heading roses this morning  ....  that's enough for today  :D  

I too hope Kitz is OK   ....  I wonder if Eric went to Samphire Hoe  .....  and hope that Unc is having good weather  :)

Enjoy the day  ......

Ooops  ... Allo Allo Colin   ....  you nipped in quickly  :)   Hope your weather warning  isn't too severe  !
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:20:55 AM by scottiesmum »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:09:11 AM »

Hello all :)

Rain and thunder forecast for today, although it's fine at the moment after a short shower. Hopefully it will be fine tomorrow, because we're off to the Rare Breeds Centre, and absolutely delightful place where you can get up close and personal with the animals, many of which are rare or endangered, as the name suggests. They've got a walk-through aviary and a butterfly tunnel and numerous other delights. And, this weekend, they are also hosting a craft fair, which I'll have trouble dragging Soo away from. :lol:

We didn't make it to Samphire Hoe yesterday, because the previous day's digestive upset left its sufferer still feeling a bit pale. So we had a gentler stroll along the Hythe military canal, a lovely haven for birds. We saw a young family of moorhens, five little bundles of black fluff apparently making their first foray out of the nest. Definitely an 'Aaaah' moment. :)

Have a good day, all of you.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »

Am ok thanks

Had no nettage yesterday - Could sync but nothing more  and it didnt clear until this am.
Little info on the problem,  but it affected this exchange and a neighbouring one - so possibly the backhaul link.

My ISP kindly sent me this e-mail yesterday..  but obviously I wasnt able to collect it at the time   :lol:

Re: Service disruption

Unfortunately there is currently an outage at your exchange which is causing disruption to your broadband service. We are sorry we were unable to notify you of this in advance, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please be assured that we are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

me wonders if the contractors digging up the main road out of here to Blackpool, where they are laying new pipes/cables had something to do with it. ???

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 03:53:36 PM »

Yes, I've had a very similar problem since Wednesday @ 1:30. Reported the problem to my ISP (PlusNet) who instantly decided that all my equipment was broken - go figure !!!!! I was told later in the day that a major node in the BT network had failed and had caused a lot of problems for most people on the 21CN trial.

I'm currently on the 21CN trial, but at the present time, my IP profile is set at 9000kbps when prior to this outage on Wednesday, I had been on a 10000kbps profile, and according to the stats on IP profiles on this wonderful site, I was just about to make the next step up to 11000kbps - what a bummer.

What was it they all said when Labour first came to power - things can only get better !!!!

TTFN

from a very miserable Toulouse

Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 08:01:48 PM »

came across some contractors at a site I was working at today. 1st chap polite, helpfull. 2nd chap. loud, potty-mouthed, arrogant, rude, unbelivably inconsiderant.

I sorted my bit out (being non specific as there may be a chance one of them might be reading this!) and was curious as to the quality of broadband connection would be achived and hung on just in case.

Needed to power up the router. I couldn't belive what No.2 did  :o just pulled out a plug for a, well could have been a monitor,(fortunately it was). then pulled another plug (this time a pc  :o) muttering "His fault for walking away from the 'puter). I can't ever remember being so embarased at an end users premises. I think I'm going to get in touch with the place and pass on my apologies and ask that i hope they didn't think I had anything to do with what he did.

Could you imagine how you'ld feel if some contractor did that to your pc's ! I was flabbergasted