Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wed. 3rd June chat  (Read 4311 times)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Wed. 3rd June chat
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »

Re the Dental hospitals -

I thought you had already investigated that after I suggested it weeks ago!

I remember a few years ago, I had what turned out to be an abscess in my gum.
I would get up in the morning and everything would be fine, but shortly afterwards I would start feeling unwell and a horrid taste in my mouth.
Basically as it turned out what was happening was, being a smoker each time I sucked on a cigarette I was drawing the poison down out of the gum and poisoning myself.
Once I told my dentist "what I thought was happening" it only took him a few minutes with the scalpel and 3 stitches later and no more problem.

Kitz. don't put it off any longer.
xx minutes in the chair versus how many days/weeks of suffering.

There will always be other functions, but there is only one of you.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 01:49:26 PM »

>> I thought you had already investigated that after I suggested it weeks ago!

You did suggest it..  but as there wasnt one local I didnt get any further with it.

>> xx minutes in the chair versus how many days/weeks of suffering.

Its not 'not going'. 
Ive always been very good about oral hygiene and until fairly recently thought my teeth were ok.

Since this first occurred I must have been about 6 times with the same tooth (and it already cost me a small fortune).  I thought I had a fairly decent relationship with my dentist, but Im now not so sure and after months of to-ing and fro-ing and still having problems Im now seeing things in a different light.. and beginning to fear them.
I did actually confront him this am with my fears as this is now obviously causing me some discomfort and I dont really want to be thought of as a PITA who has to keep going back every few weeks.

Ive been with the same dentist for years and its a bit of a nightmare around here to get another NHS one, but Im beginning to think there isnt any other option. :/

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 12:42:24 PM »

Taking the antibiotics and my face has swollen further today..

Re the dental hospital...  I did manage to get in touch with them eventually on that number

They said because I was already registered with an NHS dentist that they couldnt do anything.
They said that the only way they see people is via referral only.

Like Im really going to go back to my dentist and say Im not happy can you refer me to Manchester..  it was bad enough the other day having to say I wasnt happy with the way things were going.   :'(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »

>>  via referral only <<

Damn and double damn.

This is a useless situation...........you are getting treatment from an NHS dentist but that treatment appears to be ineffective, but you cannot get other treatment until that dentist agrees to refer you elsewhere or agrees to alter the treatment in some way.

Do none of these people give any consideration to the plight that you find yourself in. ?

I wonder what would happen if you took the bull by the horns and simply turned up at the hospital A+E requesting immediate treatment and somehow forgetting to mention the treatment you are currently getting ( or indeed that you had already consulted a dentist ).......nothing to lose, and no comeback if you do not reveal your dentist's name.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »

Getting a bit desparate atm, as my jaw is sore and the pain is driving me mad at times.

Ive spent the past hour phoning various places. 
My GP's surgery have said that because its a dental problem they cant help.
I phoned up several local dentist who arent taking on any new NHS patients... its a real nightmare and I didnt realise that so many dentists were turning people away.  They just say sorry but we arent taking any new patients.

In the end I've phoned up my parents dentist again, who agreed to accept me only because my parents are with them.. but the first appointment they can give me is next Tues.

The person there I spoke to did seem very nice and has given me some more info. 
She confirmed that they cant pull the tooth because of the infection.. and that the antibiotics route would be the same as what Ive already been on.. but this does appear to have been going on too long.

She said she's sorry that she couldnt fit me in any sooner.. but has recommended that in view of the fact of where I am now.. that even the Emergency Dentist wouldnt be able to help much more.  She said that if swelling continues to occur that I should completely bypass Dental Services and go to A+E.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 03:27:51 PM »

>> She said that if swelling continues to occur that I should completely bypass Dental Services and go to A+E.

That sounds as though it might be the best option. You need higher level attention such as a hospital can provide. It seems to me that your present dentist has failed you in not referring you upwards long ago.
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »

I quite agree with roseway.

This situation has gone on far too long without any sign of the problem being resolved.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »

I too agree with all what the guys have said.Go to A&E and what ever pain you are in exaggerate it to the point where they will have to see you.(a little white lie but needs must).

You can't keep going like this,as well as the pain in your mouth the rest of your body is suffereing through all the drugs you are taking and their side affects.
Pages: 1 [2]