Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday 27th Chat  (Read 2141 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Wednesday 27th Chat
« on: May 27, 2009, 06:29:58 AM »

Good morning,

It's another grey old morning here, looks set to rain and they have forecast it too...what happened to the sun, come on own up... who's got it? 

Well I hope you all have a good day whatever's on the programme...and that the weather might just be better where you are residing too.

@ Uncy, hope all went well with your hospital visit yesterday and you have some good news.

Take care all and have a nice Wednesday

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Wednesday 27th Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 07:15:50 AM »

Good morning, Chrissie, and all who may pop in  ;D

TD, too, is wondering what has happened to the sun.......I suspect that scottiesmum has pinched it and taken it with her on her trip.........will have words with her about that upon her return.... >:(

It's  :rain: here, and no sign of it clearing away so TD is staying put and will devote his time to trying to sort out unkyUb's clue.... ???

Have a good day and enjoy whatever you get up to.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 07:23:52 AM »

Good morning Chrissie,TD and all who may follow.  :)

A dull grey start to the day here. :(

@ Uncy, hope all went well with your hospital visit yesterday and you have some good news.

Not so good I'm afraid.I need both knees replacing and have been told I might need spinal surgery.I get a lot of pain in my toes and feet.The consultant said this could be something to do with my lower back,even though I don't get any pain there.
I have to wait to be sent for an MRI scan to find the extent of the damage etc.
I have also got to loose some weight before surgery on my knees will be considered.I was told I was still quite young to have this done.
And to top it all my appointment was for 2.20 and I saw the consultant at 4pm,there was a delay and it was packed.

Ah well,enough of my moaning,there are people in the world a lot worse off than me.

Nothing much planned today,just a bit of computing and pottering about.

Have a good day whatever you are doing.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 08:08:10 AM »

Morning all :)

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles Unc, but hopefully it sounds worse than it really is. Orthopaedic surgery performs wonders every day, and these things which sound frightening to us mere mortals are straightforward routine to the surgeons.

Heavy rain promised for today, so I don't think I'll be venturing far. Like TD, I have my suspicions. ;D
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 08:31:22 AM »

Oh dear, unkyUb, you have been in the wars.  :(

A new set of knees will open a whole new world for you.
I know that at one time, they were reluctant to perform the knee transplant on younger patients as the materials used in the artificial knee were prone to wear out, and the technique of inserting them was such that once done, the operation could not be repeated. Thus, it was used only on older folks in the hope that the knee/operation would last their lifetime.
Things have changed now, and I believe that both the operation and the materials are now such that a re-transplant is probably not required and that if it is, it can be redone succesfully.
Go for it.

I suppose that the nerves to your legs and feet have got themselves all mangled up in your spine.........again, nowadays they can ususally sort that out without too much difficulty.

Lose weight...... :hmm:...........I suppose your four-legged mobile food disposal unit is quite cheered up at the thought of all the extra goodies that may come his way.. :D

Look after yourself.......it will all get sorted out in good time.. :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »

I remember when I was first diagnosed with arthritis in my right knee,the consultant said they could replace the joint once,possibly twice then after that they would saw my leg off(that was his EXACT words) :o I hope he was joking.
It depends on how bad the surrounding diseased bone is in which they have to cut back to make the new knee joint,on how many times it can be done.
My worse time of day is bedtime.The pain is worse when I'm laying down,especially in my toes.I never sleep more than about 3 hours without waking up.

Lose weight......I suppose your four-legged mobile food disposal unit is quite cheered up at the thought of all the extra goodies that may come his way..

He could do with shedding a few pounds,he looks more like a Gloucester Old Spot than a black and white Springer Spaniel  :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:24:52 AM »

It is quite disgusting to think that the drunken barsteward who knocked down you and your wife is probably leading a pain free, mobile life without giving any thought about you or the severe injuries he caused.  >:(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 10:30:49 AM »

It is quite disgusting to think that the drunken barsteward who knocked down you and your wife is probably leading a pain free, mobile life without giving any thought about you or the severe injuries he caused.  >:(

It certainly changed my life from that day thats a fact.I did go back to my job after 2 years off,but all the kneeling climbing etc that goes with being a joiner took its toll on my lower body over the years.
Perhaps if I had been an office worker I might not have suffered as much,but who can tell.
After that horrendous night I am just glad to be alive,and still think to this day that I was kept on this earth for a purpose,only I'm not sure what for exactly yet. :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 11:45:20 AM »

Whatever state anyone is in, physically or mentally, the important thing is to wake up every morning............in the final analyses, life  is the most important thing we have.

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »

I hope everything works out UncleUB :)

My day off today, so I'm doing some cleaning (I cleaned the bathroom until it was shining the other day, but, as I should have expected, my flatmate has managed to make it look like it hasn't been cleaned in months again) and looking forward to tonight :) I haven't seen my friend Emma in just over 6 months, so she's coming round tonight. We don't see each other for months yet whenever we hang out it's always as if we hang out every day. It's awesome :)
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:47:38 PM »

Sorry to hear of your problems UB.  I can sympathise.

Knee problems seems to be something that runs in our family (dads side).  Dad suffers quite a bit and why he has to drive automatics for the past however many years.  My bro had his first knee op in his 20's and after loads more ops, a replacement last year.
It was sore and stiff for a couple of weeks (especially when Soph is too young to understand that daddy couldn't kneel down), but he's fine now as long as he doesnt do anything silly.

Hopefully the MRI can pinpoint the problem and they can get you sorted asap.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything